Logic to mark a video as "seen"
What logic does XBMC use to mark a video as "seen" ?

Also if someone could refer to where in the code this happens that would be nice too.
Easiest to read yourself. See utils/savefilestate.h and the code in application.cpp using it.
My experience has told me that this way of checking if a file has been played is unreliable. Files get moved, etc. Wouldn't it be better to do a hash of the file or some portion of the file and judge if the file has already been played based on that?
Much crap for little gain. Imo. Files don't move about on my disks..
but you'll take a patch?
spiff Wrote:Much crap for little gain. Imo. Files don't move about on my disks..

They do on mine Wink

I use file mode exclusively, and periodically move shows into "Archived" directories to keep my "current" directories reasonably small. I'd still like to have archived shows retain their watched status.

Any hash would need to be only for a small part of the file (for networks). Wasn't there this same discussion about something else recently? I thought a patch went in that used a hash of a small part of the file for something - maybe that could be reused. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Found it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101026 - 7 months is "recent" ...

The thread petered out with nothing having been done as far as I can see.
magao Wrote:Any hash would need to be only for a small part of the file (for networks).

This is exactly the solution I had in mind. X bytes at the end of a file or some such (incase there's header information in some file containers). Media will differ greatly anyway.
i think a patch would be welcome yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logic to mark a video as "seen"0