Music playback is choppy - Video playback is not
I can't pinpoint when this started happening, but its really annoying, whenever i play music (99% of my collection is mp3) its sounds slow and choppy, however i have no problem watching movies and videos.

http://pastebin.com/BZuDPYf9
I really hate bumps, but anyone have a clue on this?
Are you playing via the Realtek digital output? Can you check that the drivers are the latest? Only real issue I see is audio driver related.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Yes, Realtek AC 97 - Driver Version 6.0.1.6305 Realtek's website says its the latest version.

One thing i noticed is that if I disable Simplicity's spinning CD Now Playing visualization, the chop improves. So i'll keep that off, but i really feel this system should have enough power that shouldn't be an issue especially considering i don't have issues with anything else.
A P4 is pretty light. This line in your log was a little odd:
Code:
AudioRendererFactory:  not a explicit device, trying to autodetect.
That's why I wondered about the driver.

One other thing: please check your audio settings. Go to the sound device and hit properties, go to last tab and check the output mode in shared mode. Check that it's not upsampling to a high rate. I'd keep it at 16bit, 44.1khz with that cpu.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
One other thing: can you try disabling the LastFM scrobbling?
Settings>Music>Song Submission make sure boxes are unchecked
Your log shows some issues there.
It was set to DVD quality. 46 or 48khz, i changed it to CD quality, and with the theme changes i made, it seems to be better so far, thanks for your help.
I had this same issue. Audio playback was horrible and video playback was great. I am using a P4 built computer hooked up to a 42'' L.E.D Vizio. Audio comes through a 3.5mm Male/Male Stereo Audio Cable.

Resolution:
=======================

System > System > Audio Output > Audio Output > Change Analog to Optical\Coaxial.

Playback issue is now resolved! Hope his helps someone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music playback is choppy - Video playback is not0