• 11(current)
Newb first build?
a6-3500 is the best! XBMC is fluid!!!
quick update ordered a wd external 2tb to help with storage till i can build my unraid setup. I have been struggling with the quality of dvd playback since the build was done. disabling all defaults in the amd ccc helped but still didnt look as good as my bd player or xbox 360 with sd content. I tried a trial of powedvd12 and im and very happy now. i just need to setup xmbc to launch it. would mpc-hc look as good as powerdvd12 if i used ffdshow? also if i use an external player will my xbmc andriod remote control it?
only way to know about quality is too try,,,
i dont have any quality issues with XBMC's default core player...

and as for remote, well,
you'll need to probably use another 'wifi' remote control app such as MobileMousePro
1QWK510 Wrote:quick update ordered a wd external 2tb to help with storage till i can build my unraid setup. I have been struggling with the quality of dvd playback since the build was done. disabling all defaults in the amd ccc helped but still didnt look as good as my bd player or xbox 360 with sd content. I tried a trial of powedvd12 and im and very happy now. i just need to setup XBMC to launch it. would mpc-hc look as good as powerdvd12 if i used ffdshow? also if i use an external player will my xbmc andriod remote control it?
MPC-HC should be as good as PDVD12 & TMT5, and you can use my guide in this thread to setup XBMC external player- Working External Player Solution. You'll be happy with playback quality! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Bluray is anydvd required to use an external player?
1QWK510 Wrote:Bluray is anydvd required to use an external player?
AnyDVD HD is not a media player. It's BD decrypter, ripper and remove HDCP protection. It's the best software in the market in this sector! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I know what anydvd HD is, you just had it listed in your external player setup how to, I use makemkv for my backups.
wanted to add a few more notes for new builders, i recently started getting low memory warning when multi tasking. i traced this down to the auto setting in the bios. setting my ram at 1333 instead of 1600mhz. i just set it manually and my ram usage dropped almost 20%.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newb first build?0