Favourites
Lets say I add under VIDEOS a path to some french MOVIES.
Then I add that to my FAVOURITES
Then I specify that I want them under a FAVOUTIES button under the main
menu.
All this works great.

But is there a way that those movies are now added to the MOVIE menu
on the main menu.

I want to seperate French movie from English movies

Movies is pointing to my main movies Database
By the Movies-FR created with the favourites is pointing to my french movies
and I don't want them to be included in the Movies button.

I hope this is clear

Thanks
Yes, create a favorite from the smart playlist with only English movies and select that as default action for opening movies.
Big_Noid Wrote:Yes, create a favorite from the smart playlist with only English movies and select that as default action for opening movies.

Thanks but not sure that I correctly understand how to do this.

Could you give more details about it?

Thanks
Not sure if this the best place to post, but I'm struggling with setting add-ons as favorites in Aeon Nox 2.0 and Eden. The context menu doesn't contain an add to favorites option - just 'add-on information' and 'configure'. Anyone experienced this and found a workaround?
helsan Wrote:Thanks but not sure that I correctly understand how to do this.

Could you give more details about it?

Thanks
Make a smart playlist which defines your English movies apart from the French ones and vice versa. Add the smart playlist youw ant as default action when opening movies to your favorites and go to the main menu customizer. Disable movies item and enable it again. It will ask what the default action should be and choose your smart playlist which was added as favourite as default action. Add the second playlist to your main menu as VPL1/2/3. I don't know how to make a smart playlist which separates the english from the french ones, but I'm guessing it's possible (you can do pretty much everything with smart playlists)
stovies Wrote:Not sure if this the best place to post, but I'm struggling with setting add-ons as favorites in Aeon Nox 2.0 and Eden. The context menu doesn't contain an add to favorites option - just 'add-on information' and 'configure'. Anyone experienced this and found a workaround?
This is a 'feature' of XBMC. You can bypass by editing your favourites.xml:
Code:
<favourite name="Settings">ActivateWindow(windowid)</favourite>

Window ids can be found here
Big_Noid

Thanks for the steer. Just to be clear, I want to add things like 'iPlayer' and 'YouTube' add-ons to my main menu. Do I need to follow the same process (manually amending the favorites.xml). Could you not do this from the context menu in the past?
I misread, i thought you meant adding settings window to favourites. If there is a context option available to add as favourites, of course that is the preferred way. but some things can not be added as favourite, like video add-ons in the videos section, then you have to manually edit favourites.xml like I said. For video addons this is the window id:

Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,addons,return)
Thanks again. So, my question is really why is the context menu not displaying an 'add to favorities' link when I select it for an add-on (such as iPlayer) where you would expect the option to be? I'm at a loss.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Favourites0