Rom Collection Browser Does not load Mame roms
After hours and hours of searching for a solution, I have decided to now ask for help, yes I am tapping out on this one. I have setup MAME in Rom Collection browser using the following config: Updating the mame.ini, config.xml correctly. Everything works upto the point where the rom loads. I get a cmd window opening showing the commands used and they look correct. But before the rom loads I get a rom files is missing error. Seems like mame is not processing the rom file. The path is correct and all, it just doesnt load. Running mame alone works fine. Whis commandline for MAME32 to load a rom? Any ideas would be appreciated.
I set up my system following this guide from Angelscry (just look for the emulator that you are using). Everything worked for me on Windows and Linux. Common issues: Setting the path to your roms in mame.ini or having the wrong arguments in RCB.

An xbmc.log file and the exact error message from MAME would help to identify the problem.
Thanx for solution. That was exactly what I was looking for. Now I am trying to find how to add ofline scraping for Mame without messing up my current config.

Thx again
Let me know if you have any trouble with it.
You say you got this working on linux? a headless install like xbmc-live or?
It should work on xbmc-live. Just solo mode will not work without installing an additional window manager.
Where exactly do you put the "arguments"? I cant figure out where this should go: -inipath "C:\Program Files\mame" "%rom%"

Also, does scraping not work on MAME?
Have you tried the Mame offline scraper solution? worked for me.

https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...AMEOffline
I downloaded all the nesesary artwork files, where do i put them? How rcb knows where they are? And finally how rcb gets the game info data if it scrapes offline? Thanks in advance, i have 6000 roms and all the artwork and would like some instructions on how to set it up
Is getting MAME to work with Rom Collection Browser or a bit of a hassle?
Atm a bit of a hassle. Bruny just committed a parser for history.dat files, so one of the next releases of RCB will contain MAME support again. But it will need some time until everything is polished and tested before this version will be released as there are some fundamental changes to the scraping process.

In the meantime you could try Advanced MAME Launcher. Haven't tried it myself yet but from the name I would guess it should be ready for the job Smile.
(2018-02-03, 14:15)malte Wrote: Atm a bit of a hassle. Bruny just committed a parser for history.dat files, so one of the next releases of RCB will contain MAME support again. But it will need some time until everything is polished and tested before this version will be released as there are some fundamental changes to the scraping process.

In the meantime you could try Advanced MAME Launcher. Haven't tried it myself yet but from the name I would guess it should be ready for the job Smile.

It is Big Grin

@Fennec Here is the link to Advanced MAME Launcher for your convenience. A new version of AML is comming soon with improved main filters, full support for Command.dat, Gameinit.dat, History.dat and MAMEInfo.dat, and full MAME and Software Lists ROM auditing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rom Collection Browser Does not load Mame roms0