Universal Remote Control - a very specific thing is required...
Question 
Happy New Year everyone.

This topic has been discussed over and over again, but I'm yet to find the universal remote control that works for me. Unfortunately, the requirements to the remote control are very specific, so I'm trying to tap into the knowledge of XBMC community here, hoping that someone can provide some insight here.

So, I'm looking for a universal remote control that:

0) must be compatible with XBMC, ideally 'out of the box' Smile
1) would have QWERTY keyboard + 'standard' HTPC menu controls (up/down/left/right/select/volume up-down, etc)
2) has built-in IR capabilities right on the remote (without need for any IR emitter adapters, as my apartment layout doesn't allow for it, unless IR emitter is a completely standalone unit that doesn't need wired connection to the PC)
3) has good 'IR learning capabilities' (or supports a wide range of TVs); ideally other peripherals like music center, PVR, etc should be supported)
4) price-wise, must be below $150.

Currently I'm using MCE remote, but its training capabilities are limited to volume up/down on the TV. Need it to be trainable to change channel on the TV at the very least.

I was considering Boxee remote, but couldn't find any info on whether it can be trained to control other devices like TV.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Vlad
have u checked my remote thread?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117372
I love the Tivo Slide, it hits most of your boxes:

0) Works out of the box - Not even remotely on Linux, requires a kernel compile. On Windows, pretty much works with some keymap changes.

1) QWERTY + HTPC keys - Yup

2) has built-in IR capabilities right on the remote - Yup

3) has good 'IR learning capabilities' (or supports a wide range of TVs); ideally other peripherals like music center, PVR, etc should be supported) - Iffy. It has some keys that are programmable via IR learning. Check the data sheet for info. Will certainly do Volume/Channel on any TV.

4) price-wise, must be below $150. - Yup.

With that said, the gold standard for consumer level remotes is Logitech Harmony series. They have their problems, but ultimately they are pretty good.
which IR Receiver for win7? (except FLIRC)
edited: deleted my comment because i found a thread all about xbmc remote controls where my post is more relevant: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117372&page=4 so i posted my question in that thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Remote Control - a very specific thing is required...0