Video artifacts and library issues in 11.0 Beta 1
Not sure if this is a bug with the new Beta or not but I am having issues since updating from the December 10th nightly release.

Many (maybe every, not yet sure) have been coming up with artifacts and are miscoloured, almost like if you play a hi10p release without the correct codecs. Just to clarify these are 8bit releases, all of them display correctly in Media Player Classic and one of the videos tested I can confirm worked with a previous version.
This video issue is starting to get really tiring and I would really wish to get some assistance with it. I've been experimenting and gotten nowhere but noticed a couple of things. The first second or so of video is always fine, then it becomes a blocky mess, sometimes without sound.

Some of the videos I've tried have been working in previous and some newly added. Not all videos do it and thusfar all videos have been mkv's (the vast majority of my collection) but still not mkv's do it. Some videos in avi format have been playing slow despite been confirmed working in the 10th December nightly release.

Right now I am basically having to use xbmc to launch mpc-hc as that play everything perfectly but doesn't play real well with my setup.

Oh and I never put system specs:

Win 7 pro 64bit
Core i5 2500k (3.4 ghz)
nVidia GTX 460 SE 1GB
nVidia 9500 GT 1GB (physics chip)
16 GB DDR3
Excessive amounts of HDD space.

Despite those two graphics cards xbmc runs from the intergrated graphics from my Z68 chipset, which is more than capable of handling full HD video.
A screenshot may help understand and please post a debug log on pastebin.com

Not sure what you mean with your last sentence "Despite those two graphics cards xbmc runs from the intergrated graphics from my Z68 chipset"
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry about the delay, haven't been home. What that last bit meant is that despite the two graphics cards listed, neither are actually doing the processing xbmc or video. What is actually doing that is the integrated graphics that comes standard with Z68 motherboards. The only information that the horrible intel control panel is giving is "Intel HD Graphics 3000", DX10.1 and that it is running at 1080p.

Log can be found at http://pastebin.com/ZHMdJ7CZ
Looking through the log I think the video was started at about 01:00:40

Picture will be posted in a minute but really nothing interesting. The video I chose just happened to be one of the worse ones but I can also confirm it used to work.

Edit: Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/S...hot002.png
The video issues didn't resolve themselves in beta 2. So I've just went back to using the December 10 nightly release and as I was expecting, it runs video perfectly.

I'm not reading of others with these issues so I don't know what is going on. Can't really imagine a lot happened in the 14 days between the December 10 nightly and the December 24 release of Beta 1. My first thought is it might have been compiled by a different person and that is leading on to my issues but I don't know. Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video artifacts and library issues in 11.0 Beta 10