Shared Database (MySQL) on a ATV2 with 11.0 Eden
I wonder if Lifehacker would be willing to put a little note on their old article pointing to our instructions on the wiki (see Sync libraries (wiki))... or maybe do a new one based on it?
I too have run into this issue. I have been using MySQL and SMB for pathsubs for some time. The update to Eden just crawls and doesn't see the videos anyway. I have tried nuking the XMBC folder and starting from scratch. Everything seems speedy until I add my advancedsettings.xml (the same it has always been with no modifications) and XBMC just crawls. I am also looking for an answer to this.

With the exception of the GUI and videolibraries, my advancedsetttings.xml is the same as @kno1 above (with password changed).

Update: I figured out my particular issue, but just in case it helps, with the update to Eden 11.0, there was a mysql permission issue that fixed it. All works well for me now. You can find details here at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...v10_to_v11
(2012-03-14, 04:43)spillington Wrote: trying to sync xbmc databases with a mysql database, but as soon as i load xbmc on my atv2 with the advancedsettings.xml in place, xmbc main menu is SLOW AS MOLASSES! It also seems to act as though there is no library at all. Connection issue perhaps? The firewall on my sql sever is OFF, and tcp/ip connections to mysql are enabled. Any suggestions??

Yes, read your log file
I have a synology NAS, and running XBMC Eden 11.0 on my ATV2 (5.0.1), was curious do I have to do any sort of fiddling with the advancedsettings.xml file in order to get thumbnails/fanart working?

By the way I am using NFS also.Thanks!

I have multiple XBMC Clients (2 macbooks, iphone, ipad, powermac), thumbnails only show up when I'm using the ATV2, but not the others. I have enabled pathsubsitution in my advancedsettings.xml file on my ATV2, this is how it looks

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.21</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.21</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
<pathsubsitution>
<subsitute>
<from>/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>nfs://192.168.1.21/volume1/thumbnails/</to>
</subsitute>
</pathsubsitution>
</advancedsettings>

Now, do I need to configure anything else on all my other XBMC clients for them to pick up those thumbnails that are located on my NAS?
Replace this section:
Code:
<pathsubsitution>
<subsitute>
<from>/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>nfs://192.168.1.21/volume1/thumbnails/</to>
</subsitute>
</pathsubsitution>

with this:

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/</from>
    <to>nfs://192.168.1.21/volume1/thumbnails/Video/</to>
  </substitute>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/</from>
    <to>nfs://192.168.1.21/volume1/thumbnails/Music/</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
Hi All,
Sorry to hijack this thread but didn't see the point in starting a new one for what is kinda the same Issue,
I have been using XBMC with the SQL data base for sometime now and have just decided to bite the bullet
and Update to Eden I have updated my OS on the ATV2 and followed the Wiki Instructions to install XBMC
all good so far...
I have a clean install of WIN7 on my server so installed SQL and set it up following the Guide Here
All good So far I added the Advanced settings to my Nice new Eden install and let XBMC create my SQL database Everything is running fine on the server.
Created the new advanced settings on the ATV2 like so
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
</videolibrary>
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.4</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.4</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>

<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://192.168.0.4/xbmc/portable_data/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

But I can not get the ATV2 to read my Database from the server all the permissions on the server are correct and
XBMC can browse to teh files fine it just wont read the database

I have posted my log file HERE But I can not see any errors :-(
Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
no idea. the logfile look fine. strange. does the apple tv connect to your database? have you a logfile from your mysql server?
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
Hi Thanks for taking a look thank god I'm not going mad I could not see any errors either.
The APPLE TV will connect through XBMC in file mode I can see all the shares in the sources file and run the movies.
But it refuses to see the database.
I have now installed Eden on my Laptop and added the same advanced settings and Source (copied and Pastes) and
it is working Fine from that Its something ATV2 Side and I am at a loss as to what.
Sorry I logged for the .err file on my SQL server I am not sure the one i found is correct as there LOADS of errors in that
But nothing regarding my database.
It probably won't help but at least remove the extra xml tags, you have <advancedsettings> and </advancedsettings> twice, remove the middle ones and let the ones in the beginning and in the end stay.
(2012-06-17, 17:47)toiva Wrote: It probably won't help but at least remove the extra xml tags, you have <advancedsettings> and </advancedsettings> twice, remove the middle ones and let the ones in the beginning and in the end stay.

OMG why didn't I see that its WORKING you sir are a star its been driving me nuts for days now THANK YOU Now i can get on and do the other ATV2 :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared Database (MySQL) on a ATV2 with 11.0 Eden0