AirPlay issues with Eden
I have recently upgraded to Eden Beta and thank you for the improvements !!

There is one issue that I have not been able to resolve regarding getting AirPlay set up with my iPhone and iPad.

Eden is running on XP SP3
iPhone 3GS on 4.3.2
iPad1 on 4.3.1.
All devices are on the same subnet

Log is here>
http://pastebin.com/NWQ1kVGv

The AirPlay icon does not show any available device for XBMC although I can 'see' it using apps such as Bonjour Discovery and MyDevices. Bonjour is set up on the Eden server and seems to be working. I am also able to stream music from my iPhone AND iPad to an AirPort Express.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated to get this cool native feature up and running !

Thanks
I also didn't see the AirPlay icon show up on my iPad2 (IOS5) until I disabled and re-enabled AirPlay support in XBMC. Might be worth trying this if you haven't already.

I'm interested to see if AirPlay playback actually works for in Eden Beta (Windows). I tried to play a movie trailer through Apple Trailers app. XBMC appeared to get the request but nothing happened. I can try again later and post a log if it'll help.

fwiw - airplay did work previously in a nightly build of eden (pre-beta). I don't remember offhand which version but I'll see if I can't find & post that as well.

oh, last note. I saw the AirPlay setup note in the XBMC wiki page and installed Bonjour print services as well.. didn't make a difference in my testing.

thanks
I just tried disabling and re-enabling AirPlay support in XBMC but that has not solved it. Bonjour is installed with iTunes.
I also tried uninstalling XBMC and doing a clean Eden install but no luck. I have also tried de-activating the firewall and even uninstalling IPv6. No luck.
I can get AirPlay to work with the Videos, Photos, Facebook (videos), YouTube, Crackle, IMDB and Ustream apps.
Apple Movie Trailers, Optimum and PBS sends a request and XBMC seems to receive it but never plays the video.
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed (no audio, video on iPhone) and Real Racing 2 (no audio/video) isn't even acknowledged by XBMC.

Using Eden beta 1 on Windows 7 64 bit. iPhone 4S running 5.0.1
Parag2k3 Wrote:I can get AirPlay to work with the Videos, Photos, Facebook (videos), YouTube, Crackle, IMDB and Ustream apps.
Apple Movie Trailers, Optimum and PBS sends a request and XBMC seems to receive it but never plays the video.
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed (no audio, video on iPhone) and Real Racing 2 (no audio/video) isn't even acknowledged by XBMC.

Using Eden beta 1 on Windows 7 64 bit. iPhone 4S running 5.0.1

1. No audio support with XBMC under Windows (thats why games are not working).
2. Apple Movie Trailers - known issue - they need a special User-Agent set in the HTTP - Request (working on it)
3. I wonder how you even got AirPlay working. Since I updated my iPad to 5.0.1 i can't get AirPlay to work (and didn't figure what apple changed yet). Other users reporting this aswell. So you must be lucky that it works at all for you.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm guessing with the iPad 2, airplay mirroring doesn't work due to some sort of authentication needed. I retried all the apps with openelec-eden 2012-01-04 r9429 nightly. Audio worked for Music and games apps. I think Real Racing 2 is supposed to show the video on screen, but that didn't happen. One of my friends has an AppleTV so I'll find out what its supposed to output.
I was wondering if anyone has clarification on this. I am currently running XBMC Eden RC2 on a win7x64. It does not show up ony my ipad2 as an acceptable destination for airplay anything.

However, I am running Eden RC2 on a my Atv2, and on that I can send videos and pictures to via airplay from ipad on.

Is win7 xbmc just broke when it comes to airplay?
Hi same problem here on Ubuntu with 11.0-Pre 20120411-3a8b66f. I can see xbmc with a bonjour / zeroconf browser but it won't show up as device in my itunes or other mac prodcuts.
(2012-04-25, 13:11)_philipp_ Wrote: Hi same problem here on Ubuntu with 11.0-Pre 20120411-3a8b66f. I can see xbmc with a bonjour / zeroconf browser but it won't show up as device in my itunes or other mac prodcuts.

Unrelated to this thread. This thread is about lack of music support on windows (e.x. not implemented). Your post describes a network problem (when zeroconf browser shows it, the announcment of airplay has to be visible to all devices in the same subnet aswell). If the macadress of your XBMC box has tuples with leading zero this could aswell lead to a wonky announcment (which is already fixed int he mainline code and applied to osx/ios/linux).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-25, 15:08)Memphiz Wrote: If the macadress of your XBMC box has tuples with leading zero this could aswell lead to a wonky announcment (which is already fixed int he mainline code and applied to osx/ios/linux).

haha too late. it was fixed for windows already in April 2011 (see git log) Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay issues with Eden0