Zotac Zbox AD10 Remote problems
Question 
Hello everybody:

I recently buy the mini-pc Zotac ZBOX AD-10 and I have problems with the remote.

It's strange because in Windows Media Center, all buttons works perfectly but on XBMC some buttons (info button, colour buttons, teletext and guide button) do nothing and I need "info button" to see the context menu on films, for example.

Someone with the same problem? Anybody know the solution?

Thanks.
Not sure what remote that is but if it is a standard media center remote this is what works for me. I use my guide button for my context menu and the Info button for... well info. Smile and I don't have a teletext button so not sure on that one.

In your keyboard.xml (you may need to create one)
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <!-- MCE Guide -->
      <g mod="ctrl">ContextMenu</g>
      <!-- MCE Details -->
      <d mod="ctrl">Info</d>
      <!-- yellow -->
      <t mod="ctrl,shift">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,TvShowTitles)</t>
      <!-- blue -->
      <m mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Artists)</m>
      <!-- green -->
      <i mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(pictures)</i>
      <!-- red -->
      <e mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles)</e>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Hope that helps!
use remote maping program to create custom keys,, that's what i did, otherwise there is no info button or delete addons
Grab ShowKey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and see what the buttons are sending. You can use KeyMapedit from the same web site to create a key mapping file to map the keypresses you identify.

JR
Question 
Thanks for your answers!

loki131 Wrote:Not sure what remote that is but if it is a standard media center remote this is what works for me. I use my guide button for my context menu and the Info button for... well info. Smile and I don't have a teletext button so not sure on that one.

In your keyboard.xml (you may need to create one)
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <!-- MCE Guide -->
      <g mod="ctrl">ContextMenu</g>
      <!-- MCE Details -->
      <d mod="ctrl">Info</d>
      <!-- yellow -->
      <t mod="ctrl,shift">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,TvShowTitles)</t>
      <!-- blue -->
      <m mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Artists)</m>
      <!-- green -->
      <i mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(pictures)</i>
      <!-- red -->
      <e mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles)</e>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Hope that helps!

I have pasted your lines to keyboard.xml file of xbmc and nothing has changed.

janushaan Wrote:use remote maping program to create custom keys,, that's what i did, otherwise there is no info button or delete addons

I have MCE Remote Key Mapper but not appear "Info Button" to program my remote control button.

jhsrennie Wrote:Grab ShowKey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and see what the buttons are sending. You can use KeyMapedit from the same web site to create a key mapping file to map the keypresses you identify.

JR

I downloaded these programs but they don't read these buttons (info button, colour buttons, teletext and guide button). Other buttons are readed ok.

The only program that reads these buttons for the moment has been EventGhost and when I push the "Info Button", I obtain the code: "MceRemote.FB84" but I don't know what I can do with this. I don't want to use EventGhost everytime that I use XBMC.
Is the remote using the eHome driver? See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for how to find out.

If the remote is using the eHome driver then the MCERemote add-on should be able to configure all the buttons. However I vaguely remember someone saying that the AD10 remote uses some non-standard button codes. In that case you may need to manually adjust the remote settings.

JR
Question 
Yes, I also think that the AD10 remote uses some non-standard button codes (there are some posts in this forum talking to it).

Do you know how I can manually adjust the remote settings like you say?

Thanks.
If you've installed MCERemote there's a sample .reg file in MSRemote.reg. To find it press windows-R and type:

"%APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.mceremote\resources\data"

(including the quotes) and click OK and an Explorer window should open showing this file (amongst others). The article http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows explains how this file works.

JR
I am running XBMCbuntu on my ZBox AD10 and several button of the Zotac Remote work, but not all. Especial not being able to use the "info" button is extremely inconvenient. I have been searching around but most solution seems to be for windows based system or mention the MCERemote addon, which I cannot find in the repository.

Considering the popularity of the ZBOX, it seems to me many people should be facing the same problem. Anyone got a solution?
You can't find the MCERemote add-on because it's Windows only.

For problems with the AD10 remote on Linux you're probably better off asking in the Linux forum.
Good to hear that others are trying to solve this issue with the Remote.

Has anyone been able to hack the Remote control's "MS Media Center" button in the middle. Default is to launch the ugly MS media center. How to change this to do the proper thing: xbmc.exe -p Smile

I have DiNovo Mini and that was resolved with hacked user.xml file.
eHome registry settings.. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows
I have the AD12 and got the windows, colored and info buttons to work through a custom registry file; I posted it here: http://danielsokolowski.blogspot.ca/2013...emote.html

I have Windows 8 so the mapping the remote windows key to keyboard key works great, but one could change the windows key to send Ctrl + Shift + W keys combination and then right click on XMBC icon and assign that combination to launch the shortcut - see the registry file for the proper sequence to change.
I have the Zbox ID80 and I had the same problem. Since the remote should be the same for all the Zotac models, I solved easily using Eventghost (I can start also XBMC using the green button). You can find many guides here in the forum to configure it Smile
Please notice this subject has been quadruple posted, although most useful information is in first two threads below:
Zotac Nano AD10 remote issues
Zotac ZBOX Nano AD10 remote is driving me crazy !!
Zotac Zbox AD10 Remote problems
MCE Remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac Zbox AD10 Remote problems0