Where can I find XBMC debug symbol files for mac?
Hi, I'm an experienced developer on Windows but a complete noob when it comes to Mac development. I am recently trying to debug an issue for XBMC on Mac for fun, and have tried to build XBMC on my mac. However, I am running Xcode 4.2 and OSX 10.7 (Lion). It seems from this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107126

that building on Lion isn't quite fully supported yet and is quite involved to get it to work. Since I'm only interested in setting breakpoints and looking at the callstack, I wanted to just attach to process and set breakpoints in the source code. Problem is, I don't have the matching symbols because I didn't build the code!

So I was wondering if XBMC had something like the Microsoft Symbol Server set up so I can automatically get the matching symbol files for any XBMC version? If there is no automatic way to get it, can I download the symbol files somewhere manually?

By the way, I'm pretty sure symbol files aren't called PDB files on Mac, what is it called? Map files?
XBMC.dSYM is what you might be looking for.

Those only get created when doing release builds, the current ones are still debug builds and they have still have the symbols but they will not help you set bp's in source. For that you need to build/run. I'd suggest installing Xcode3, there's a flavor for Lion but a sidebyside install is tricky. It's best to nuke out xcode4 and install xcode3.

for just stopping and looking at stack,

gdb attach <pid> where <pid> is xbmc pid you can get from top.
Then you can set bp's and such.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where can I find XBMC debug symbol files for mac?0