Upgraded 2 XBMC installs, now they're looking at two different DBs. Need fix!
My main HTPC and my ATV2 have been running off a shared MySQL database/library for a while. I upgraded them both yesterday to the Eden beta1, and even though they're still both pointing to MySQL, they're pointing to different databases. I looked in MySQL and it looks like, during the upgrade, one of the installs created new xbmc_video56 and xbmc_music13 databases, but the other install is still pointing to the original xbmc_video and xbmc_music databases, resulting in a fragmented library between the two installations (ATV2 doesn't see the new files added to the HTPC).
I know one alternative is to just blow away MySQL and start fresh, re-adding all library items, but I know there must be a better/easier way as doing that every time you upgrade would suck. Is there another way to correct this library fragmentation?
Pick the database you prefer and the one that is NOT using that database, change it's advancedsettings.xml to reflect the database you want to use. For example, if you want to use xbmc_video56 and xbmc_music13 do this to the advancedsettings.xml on the machine using the wrong database:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>***.***.***.***</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_video56</name>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>***.***.***.***</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_music13</name>
    </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

Just be sure to change the IP address and username/passwords for your database.

Also, to be safe, you should backup all of your databases before changing anything. Just in case.
I'd actually checked that and was baffled that they were still both pointing to the same DB in advanced settings even though they didn't seem to be (I did some tests running between rooms and trying to stop a movie in one room and resume in the other). However, after rebooting both machines, the issue seems to have resolved itself.
Don't add the number to the DB name. XBMC will always add the number itself, so xbmc_videos58 becomes xbmc_videos5858

Eden beta 1 should be using 58 for videos and 18 for music.

If the video name tag is Tacos then it becomes Tavos58, etc.

Basically, every time there is a video DB upgrade XBMC will make a copy of the previous DB and upgrade that as a fail safe incase the upgrade goes bad, or if a mix of XBMC versions is being used. Before it would just upgrade the same DB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded 2 XBMC installs, now they're looking at two different DBs. Need fix!0