[ATV2] Can't add smb source
Star 
Hi,

I got an ATV2 for christmas and i have jailbreaked it and installed XBMC.
This is the info the xbmc.log file gives about builds:
Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F455)). Built on Dec 24 2011 (Git:20111222-22ad8e4)

I have connected my Synology NAS with UPnP and I can watch movies without any problems. But if I choose to update the library so that I can download scrapers, then XBMC crashes and sends me to the FrontRow of the ATV2.
I have installed the imdb addon but it also crashes with the default one.

I read somewhere that it might be because I use UPnP that this is happening so I decided to try the smb connection. But this causes even more trouble.
When I try to add an smb source i get this error: Error 2: share not available.
I then tried to add it as a network connection first, but that gives another error: Operation not permitted.
On my Mac (Lion), the smb connection runs flawlessly and the imdb addon gets all the movie info i want without any problems.

My log file can be found here: http://pastebin.com/wPpLhzz3

I hope someone can help me as I am getting really frustrated..
Have you tried ZEROCONFIG yet? I used it and all my problems went away! I use a DroboPro connected to a mac running Lion and shared on the network.
What is a ZEROCONFIG?
You will have to excuse the child that has joined the discussion.

I have sharing via AFP set up on my mac. Now when you go to choose the source you want to add on XBMC and scroll way down towards the bottom you will see zeroconfig as an option. Click that and it will show you shares that are available and you can choose one. When Lion killed SMB originally I went to UnP or whatever it is and had some issues. Since they updated Eden the zeroconfig option works flawlessly.
Do you mean enabling the zeroconfig in the network settings?
It seems to be enabled from default

I posted this without seeing your answer go_dawgs. I'll give it a go and get back to you.
I found the zeroconfig option, and I can also see my synology server along with my macbook. But I can't choose the server. Nothing happens when I click it.
I have 5 options and only one of them works and that is my workusers itunes library on my macbook.

I have a scripterror with services.py everytime I open xbmc. Can that have influence?
I have a similar problem. I have a synology nas with smb shares.. when I browse smb I can see the name of my NAS but when I click on it I get error: operation not permitted. I also have appletv black media player and I'm able to add the share and play videos through that just fine. I tried enabling AFP on the nas once and it showed up under zeroconfig, but when I clicked on it, it did nothing. I tried adding my NAS with smb://10.0.1.6 which is the IP of it but it still gave the error: operation not permitted error.. it won't even ask me for a username and password.. anyone have any ideas on how to get this working? I jailbroke with season pass to 4.4.4 and am using the xbmc that appletv black installed.. eden beta 1

edit: I was able to get smb shares working.. I had to to add them as "network locations" instead of going through browse smb.. it's in the same screen.. from there I could manually add the ip of my nas, shared folder name and the username/password.. and then they started working.
You have to configure your SMB user/pass in XBMC or configure your NAS to let everyone connect to the share.
But I can easily connect with both SMB and AFP with my mac.
SMB requires me to login though even though I am accessing a folder that does not require that with any other connection.
XBMC won't even let me type in the IP og login information. I just get the message: Share not available.
I just typed in a smb connection manually and it worked:
smb://user : password@server/share (no lining between "user : password" but : p shows a smiley :p)

It is currently scanning my folder without crashing xbmc

Maybe this will work for you, Uncola, too
I added the smb as a network location as suggested and it works to update the library but I still don't receive metadata with any of the media scrapers.

When connected via uPnP, the 'simplicity' theme offered a good file listing view, which showed poster, info and rating. The problem was the metadata would not populate and the library wouldn't update. I figured this was due to uPnP.

Now, the library update works but still no metadata. I've tested renaming the files in various ways: Movie (Year).ext ; Movie.Year.ext etc. and also tried various other themes including 'confluence', and still no metadata from any scrapers.

Anyone else have the same issue or can offer a solution? Any help would be much appreciated as this is getting real frustrating. Thanks.
Need debug logs: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...og_for_iOS
In OSX (Mavericks) you must enable the guest account as shown in this thread. This allows SMB guest accounts to knock on the door and get in.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions...d-non-macs
(2014-10-12, 08:31)Rabbit74 Wrote: In OSX (Mavericks) you must enable the guest account as shown in this thread. This allows SMB guest accounts to knock on the door and get in.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions...d-non-macs

Nice! I'll remember to note this in the wiki in a bit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Can't add smb source1