Eden beta screen saver
I am noticing when I press pause during a video the screen saver is no longer working. When I leave XBMC at the menus the screen saver is working. I am using Win 7. My screen saver is set to display random photos from a directory.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
you should 've activated option "use dimmer when video is playing" or something like that in power management / xbmc settings.
ppic Wrote:you should 've activated option "use dimmer when video is playing" or something like that in power management / xbmc settings.
I'm not understanding what your saying. Pre Eden when you pressed pause during a video or music the screen saver would kick in in X minutes. I don't use the dimmer function (it actually never worked in Windows several versions ago, so I got used to the slideshow mode).
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
This is still an issue with RC2 release. If I press pause or stop eventually XBMC goes back to the library menu of movie files. It never activates the screen saver unless I press a key and then one minute later the screen saver kicks in.
Larkin251 Wrote:ImageI'm not understanding what your saying.
Watch a movie, press pause. The screen shows the pause stuff for about a minute and then returns to the XBMC movies file list. At this point if you don't touch anything the screen saver should kick in after X minutes (defined in setup). It does not kick in, it just sits at the movie file list. If you touch a key, then X minutes later the screen saver correctly kicks in.

It's an issue with plasma owners like myself. I press pause to step away for a few minutes expecting the screen saver will turn on to prevent any burn in. Instead I come back and it's just sitting at the movie listings.
A debug log might give us hints as to what is going on. Please enable debug logging (settings->system->debugging), reproduce the issue, and post the debug log to pastebin, linking to it from here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:A debug log might give us hints as to what is going on. Please enable debug logging (settings->system->debugging), reproduce the issue, and post the debug log to pastebin, linking to it from here.

I played a movie for a few minutes pressed stop, waited and screen saver worked. Resumed play, pressed pause, waited, no screen saver, then went to system and shutoff debug log. Then copied to pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/Hz85Sw0K
Thanks - fixed in f704e72.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Thanks - fixed in f704e72.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Me and my plasma thank you!
Just realised this isn't exactly the same, so will post elsewhere.

Apologies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden beta screen saver0