New Release: v0.8.8 beta1
+1 for this. i have four instances of xbmc, and sometimes forget which i'm controlling. luckily my outdoor music one is an xbox, so it just says 3.0.1...

Quote: One wish: in the status bar whereyou can click to switch instances - please show the host name instead of the running xbmc version string. If you have multiple xbmc running with the same version you cannot guess what the active instance is...

Why doesn't this app get the updates that it deserves, and why hasn't a developer who can give it the time it deserves taken it over?

Hate to complain, but its been over 5 months since the last update, and this really needs tweaks for eden.
there's only one dev working on this freebie, and i'm sure he'd welcome qualified help, so if you can code......rock on freezy!
Freezy, thank you for all your hard work on this. The v0.8.7-r4-beta1 release on the google code page works great on the cheapy tablet even though Google Play doesn't think that it should. Please keep up the great work and know that we are gratefully using your creation.
Are there any newer beta / test releases to check out? On google play is a very old version, are there newer builds? Thank you.
Not really much happening here :-(
App still looks quite bad on a tablet, unfortunately many iOS apps are far superior.
(2012-04-20, 11:57)seanp25 Wrote:
(2012-01-06, 20:15)shadow_cruiser Wrote: I'm also getting this a lot when browsing movies or on the main menu. To stop it, I have to hard power off my HTPC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZVnSQIba8

I'm seeing this issue also with the 0.8.8 beta 1 remote.

Is the 0.8.7 beta 1 release still available for download somewhere?

Arg, this bug is incredibly annoying Sad

My wife is actually getting an iPad free through her work, and unfortunately the first thing I'll be doing is installing Constellation on there and sacking off this Android remote Sad
This remote definetly needs updating, it looks so bad on my tablet.

Works great on my phone though, but it's still not even close to rival Constellation or Commander, avaliable on Iphone/Ipad

Please give this remote some love and release a tablet optimized version.

Cheers!
Sadly, this project looks to be orphaned. Last summer this remote looked promising so I recommended my friend buy a tablet to control his music library. He bought an ASUS Transformer primarily to use this remote . Now I wish I had recommended an ipad instead. Hopefully the android version of constellation shows up soon.
(2012-06-20, 03:11)paco Wrote: Sadly, this project looks to be orphaned. Last summer this remote looked promising so I recommended my friend buy a tablet to control his music library. He bought an ASUS Transformer primarily to use this remote . Now I wish I had recommended an ipad instead. Hopefully the android version of constellation shows up soon.

Just use Yatse. Great alternative. And the developer is currently working on media browsing. It also includes widgets, Now playing background, and a few other cool things.

i still believe in you freezy....
It's unfortunate development has halted but the app still does what it should do. I'm not sure if the latest commit on Github is 100% the same as 0.8.8 beta so I've created a APK from source and it's working perfectly.
You'll need to uninstall your current installation to be able to install this version because of a different signature.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kw2kczcgo12gfi...b-bram.apk

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Very good Bram my good...person. Hopefully the random continuous arrow issue isn't in this one. Ironically, I finally figured out how to get 0.8.8.1 onto my no-name tablet just last night. That makes this perfectly timed. Thank you.
For some reason, it won't install for me. It tries and goes through the motions, but then says that it wasn't installed. Any ideas?
Tried on a LG Optimus V (2.2.1)
Did you uninstall the previous installation first? What android version are you on?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Release: v0.8.8 beta13