New Release: v0.8.8 beta1
Information 
Download v0.8.8-beta1 on Android Market 2012-01-03

Added: "Play" and "Play trailer" buttons on movie details view are now always visible (thanks purdyk!)
Added: TV Show listing ignores article when sorting (thanks purdyk!)
Fixed: ICS issue that made the app crash with an NPE at startup (thanks jstemmer!)
Fixed: Send text dialog doesn't crash anymore on screen rotation (thanks cg6!)
Fixed: Some more Youtube issues (thanks cancan101!)
Fixed: Minor layout glitches on ICS (thanks the_alien)

Release Notes:

Lots of thanks in this release. Special thanks goes to jstemmer who really helped us poor souls without ICS on any device out by hunting down a bug that actually came from XBMC but only raised problems on ICS.

While others are busy submitting patches to (really, thanks a lot!), I'm still making progress on the new version. Soon there will be a nice tablet layout. Also data fetching is much nicer with JSON-RPC so lots of old code will be replaced.

Anyway, enjoy this build!
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Thanks! Great work. Now I can enjoy this on my Galaxy Nexus again.

I was surprised, looking at the code, the app isn't using the JSON RPC api! Since it's so much easier to work with and is much more efficient.

Would you consider adding the 'exit' menu option in every screen? I always have to go back to the home screen if I want the app to completely close which is kind of annoying.

Sharing to XBMC from the youtube app has never worked in my experience. Is this something you are planning to fix (if at all possible)? If I want to play a youtube video on XBMC now, I need to google the video and hope the video will appear in the results (which is often the case).

edit: Volume controls do not work. This was broken with my previous phone too (HTC Desire HD).
edit: Remote functionality isn't working on my phone either with this build.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Yeah at the time we started the remote, there was no JSON-RPC. Even now it just became really usuable due to Eden's feature freeze. Montellese was constantly working on it, making it more and more mature which would have made it impossible to keep up with all his changes.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Ok! I didn't know it still was being developed actively. It's been a while since I've worked with it Smile.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Testing it... and loving it on my Nexus S ICS device. Thanks for the quick fix !

Also, the always visible play button on movie details view is one of the little things that make me go 'ooh, that's nice !'

Many thanks to all the team on your hard work.
Bram77 Wrote:edit: Volume controls do not work. This was broken with my previous phone too (HTC Desire HD).
edit: Remote functionality isn't working on my phone either with this build.

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem. XBMC pre-eden with PVR support on windows 7 (64 bit) and a samsung galaxy s2 phone...

So, I can play/queue music/video but I can't pause, stop, next etc. - no volume control either.
Hi, same issue for me with my old HTC Magic.
@freezy - thanks for all the work, and to those who supplied patches. Using on a cheap 9" Android 2.1 tablet and love it. Really look forward to the tablet-oriented release, not that it isn't great already! Cool

Just one request: can someone upload the .apk to either SlideMe market or a file hoster (RapidShare, MegaUpload, FileServe, etc) for those without access to the Android Market?

Thanks and great work!!
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
freezy Wrote:Also data fetching is much nicer with JSON-RPC so lots of old code will be replaced.

Does this mean that this problem will finally (!) be fixed?

Great work on the new version. Runs smooth as hell on my SGS2.
I've been using ICS for quite some time, and was waiting for an update on this app, so thanks!

Unfortunately yesterday I also updated my xbmc-live to eden beta, and now although the app does not crash (Samsung i9000 with ICS), it's impossible to browse movies or files. Movies retrns an empty list, and files returns <!DOCTYPE html> (etc).

I know it's still early to add support Eden, so consider this post more of a reminder for the brave testers of Eden.
thanks for the release.
its working now on my galaxy nexus ICS 4.0.1 now.

but the following is not working:
- remote buttons are not responding
- notification options can be set but "show incoming calls" and "show incoming sms" have no effect

is it a known issue and can it be fixed? especially the notification issue is important to me Sad
Thumbs Up 
Wow!!!!!. This is great. The phone features blew me away. It even shows the picture of the person calling.

Galaxy Nexus w/ CM9 Alpha
XBMC Eden Beta
"Now Playing" without showing any COVERS?

@0.8.7 beta1 work with showing Cover @ Playing Music
Come get some :cool::cool:
chaoticmaster Wrote:Wow!!!!!. This is great. The phone features blew me away. It even shows the picture of the person calling.

Galaxy Nexus w/ CM9 Alpha
XBMC Eden Beta

can any1 else confirm it to be working?
this feature ain't working on my galaxy nexus 4.0.1
i can browse movies music and tv shows as well as actors however now playing does not display any cover art and none of the buttons on now playing or on the remote section function.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Release: v0.8.8 beta13