BM Movie Library - show your movies on web
BM Movie Library

New version available: 0.9

Hello. A long time I was looking for a script that quickly and easily would present library movies to all my friends in the network. At the same time I would have complete control over it. Because not anything specific I could find I decided to write my own script.

If someone likes it, it can free to use it.

Description:

The script automatically reads the videodb.xml and the *.nfo files and imports them into the database. Then displays for all visitors poster, fanart and information about the film containing title, description, year, director, genre etc.

Screenshoots:

Requirements:

Server with:
- Apache with GD2 extension
- PHP 5.3
- MySql database

Installation
:

There are three methods to using script.

1. Script can work directly on the xbmc database, then movie list is always current (database must be always online).

The best is to create a new user in xbmc database with access rights only to SELECT. This is not necessary because the script uses safe mode and will not damage the database.
In the config.php file set main connection to xbmc database. Remote connection leave without change. Script run in safe mode (read-only).

2. Script connects to the xbmc database and one-click update his own database to current.

The best is to create a new user in xbmc database with access rights only to SELECT. This is not necessary because the script uses safe mode and will not damage the database.
In the config.php file set main connection to script database and remote connection to XBMC database.

3. Script import movie from a videodb.xml or nfo files.
Set main connection to script database, import videodb.xml or nfo files to export/ directory and in admin panel import movies to database.

In three cases, posters and fanarts will be downloaded from the links that xbmc scraper take. Not need to copy large amounts of jpg and tbn files.

When watching the first time each film, library will load longer because it must create a poster and fanart thumbnails. If you want to create thumbnails for all files in the admin panel, click on the "create cache".

Download from here: http://code.google.com/p/bm-movie-librar...loads/list

sorry for my english...
I set this up and it works great, but when I imported my videodb.xml file it gave me an error on about 30 movies but I couldn't seem to find a way to fix them from within the site so I renamed the videodb.xml.bak back to videodb.xml and refreshed the admin area to see if it would allow me to import again and I no longer have that option. I'm just wondering if I can find a way to add the remaining movies it missed.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Any chance of reading directly from a XBMC MySQL database?
Archigos Wrote:I set this up and it works great, but when I imported my videodb.xml file it gave me an error on about 30 movies but I couldn't seem to find a way to fix them from within the site so I renamed the videodb.xml.bak back to videodb.xml and refreshed the admin area to see if it would allow me to import again and I no longer have that option. I'm just wondering if I can find a way to add the remaining movies it missed.

Make sure the correct name was changed to videodb.xml. The script should re-detect the file when you try to import should add only movies that do not exist in the database. Post errors message. I'll try to fix the problem.
smiffy1989 Wrote:Any chance of reading directly from a XBMC MySQL database?

You mean that the script was working on xbmc mysql database or just import the data from it to the new database created by script?
Regss Wrote:Make sure the correct name was changed to videodb.xml. The script should re-detect the file when you try to import should add only movies that do not exist in the database. Post errors message. I'll try to fix the problem.

I just tried again and noticed that it did redetect the xml file I just didn't notice the 'import' that time. However, trying to import the file again, it still refuses to add certain movies (the same set it refused the first time).

What I've figured out so far... The movies with 'issues' are all foreign movies with their English title in the xml file. The few foreign movies that I left the title alone seemed to have worked. I can PM you a copy of the xml file, along with a few of the names of movies that don't seem to work for testing if you think it'd help.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Please send me at: [email protected] Thanks for your help!
Looks awesome! Just wish it was python based so it didn't need its own web server..
_Mikie_ Wrote:Looks awesome! Just wish it was python based so it didn't need its own web server..

Mikie, I'm running mine through IIS Tongue
Archigos Wrote:Mikie, I'm running mine through IIS Tongue

I have a web server running so it isn't an issue just so much easier to have python services Smile
_Mikie_ Wrote:I have a web server running so it isn't an issue just so much easier to have python services Smile

Truthfully I didn't think anything of it... when I read the requirements he stated (especially in regards to GD2) I was like "Well, let's see what happens" and it worked first try...
Regss Wrote:You mean that the script was working on xbmc mysql database or just import the data from it to the new database created by script?

What I mean is, rather than exporting the library then importing it to a new MySQL database (which is what I think you are doing?), how about reading directly from a XBMC MySQL database.

My XBMC database is already stored in MySQL.
Archigos Wrote:I just tried again and noticed that it did redetect the xml file I just didn't notice the 'import' that time. However, trying to import the file again, it still refuses to add certain movies (the same set it refused the first time).

What I've figured out so far... The movies with 'issues' are all foreign movies with their English title in the xml file. The few foreign movies that I left the title alone seemed to have worked. I can PM you a copy of the xml file, along with a few of the names of movies that don't seem to work for testing if you think it'd help.

I fixed the script and all your movies importing to me properly, download the new version from first post, or apply the latest changes from the revision of r12: http://code.google.com/p/bm-movie-library/source/list.
I downloaded the full zip from the newest version and overwrote the originals. I dumped the browsers cache and tried to import again and it still says the 26 movies are missing, so I dumped the database table again and tried a fresh import. Still doing the same.

I guess I'll try the new download in a fresh directory next and see what happens, but don't have the time right now.
If you move the mouse to red "x" on error field will be shown information about the error from mysql, it maybe explain something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BM Movie Library - show your movies on web1