Queue Next option
Sorry if this has been asked before but what about adding a Queue next button to the menu, I use xbmc alot for parties and when someone asks for a song it would be nice to just set it next in the current playlist rather than playing that song and clearing out the playlist thats playing. Just like the subsonic android app for android. When you long press a song a menu pops up and asks "play now" "play next" "play last"
This does exist - and is a great feature. Go to your settings - there's an option for "Action on Selection" - change it there.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I second the above request. The feature you mention is not the same as jgme. It would be great to be able to choose for the song to come next or last...if you have a long playlist play last can be a while Big Grin Something I would love to be able to do but I guess it's not possible and that is to drag the tracks in the playlist around (may be by a long press) but I can imagine this will probably be difficult to implement Sad
Did nothing ever come of this? I've seen it requested a few times.

Possibly the only feature I can think of that XBMC music is lacking compared to commercial music library software like Sonos.
There are so many real-world situations where one wants to hear a song next and then continue the now playing playlist.
To make matters worse, moving a song from bottom to top of a long playlist is, currently, extremely tedious in XBMC. (Repeated context menu "move up"s).
Are there any plans to streamline this one neglected corner of the XBMC music experience?

Oh...and would it ever be feasible to have the option to delete songs/albums via the library? As it stands I have to remember what I hated and manually delete next time I'm looking at my files, which thanks to XBMC I try to do as little as possible!

Thanks so much Smile

You should try alternatives like Yatse or Music Pump that have queue / queue next and playlist reordering among lots of other good features Smile
(2013-02-02, 11:27)Tolriq Wrote: You should try alternatives like Yatse or Music Pump that have queue / queue next and playlist reordering among lots of other good features Smile

Thanks - I do use these sometimes but was really looking for a solution with my direct XBMC remote which i use most of the time.
If by direct Xbmc remote you mean like a MCE remote then this is not the correct forum since it's more an interface change Smile

Oops...good point. I had found this thread by searching for the issue on the whole forum. It is indeed a general interface discussion I was looking for!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Queue Next option0