How to read bluray with MPC-HC from XBMC
Thanks to this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724 of bluray, who explains us a working solution to make PowerDVD 11 or TMT5 work as external Bluray players + MPC-HC for the others video (don't forget to thank him), i thought it could be great to use MPC-HC as external bluray player. Of course, you won't have the bluray menus, but everything is reachable from the MPC-HC menu. If found it much more easy to have a player for everything.

First you need to have AnyDVD HD or DVDfab Passkey in order that MPC-HC read the bluray (i prefer dvdfab passkey)

Then you just have to slightly edit the playerfactory.xml found in the thread mentioned above, by this code (don't forget to adapt it to your player path of course). Just one rule is delete and an info added the line below.

Playerfactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
       <players>
  <player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
   <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
   <args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
   <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
   <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
   <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
   <player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
        <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>

</player>
   <player name="Iso_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<!-- You can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
   <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>

</player>
   <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
        <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mp3|bdmv" player="Universal_Player"/>
  <rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Personally i put this modify playerfactory.xml also in its original XBMC folder, i don't know if it's changes a thing.

For PlayDisc.bat, PlayBDMV.bat and PlayISO.bat (that you'l lalso find in the thread mentioned at the top of this thread) you just have of course to replace the powerdvd or tmt 5 path by the one of your mpc-hc player + don't forget to change the letter of your optical drive inside the PlayBDMV file (by default it's "E:" mine is "L:" so you'll have to change that too)...except if the E: was not the letter drive but a command (??)

Voilà! Hope this method will make happy some folks Smile Now you can read everything that is video from MPC-HC Smile

Thx again to bluray and his thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724 "Working External Player Solution"

Sorry for the english, i'm french.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to read bluray with MPC-HC from XBMC0