Eden Beta - Movie Scanning
In preparation for the Eden Beta I decided to give my HTPC a overhaul. First I moved the userdata folder (from Dec. 18 Nightly) to a safe location and uninstalled XBMC to remove all the uninstalled addons, useless thumbnails, etc. After removing it I went into both my TV and Movie folders and delete ALL *.nfo files, then used the latest Ember (the res-erected one) and spend a couple days fine tuning all the media... (new images, movie sets, etc). I finished all of that earlier tonight so I installed the Eden Beta and went through every configuration option (not advancedsettings.xml yet) and installed the addons I wanted. At that point, I scanned in my music library which as far as I can tell worked fine, then TV (again fine) and lastly my movies.

I didn't install any other movie scrapers and just have the MovieDB one that came with Eden, each movie is in its own folder with its own 'movie.nfo' file but when I set the content of that folder to Movies and scan it, it ignores the *.nfo files and misses over 20% of the movies. I've tried to "Scan for new content" multiple times and it refuses to add any more. The only way I've found to add the rest is pressing 'I' on each folder from files view to see if it it's already in there or force it (in which case I have to remove the year and file extension and hope it finds it). I guess I can do it this way for the rest of them if I have to, but it will NOT find any of my foreign titles and makes me wonder why I spent days fixing all the folders to begin with. There's too many movies missing for me to bother to write down all of them so I can just force scan those.

I haven't read up on any changes to advancedsettings.xml so I made sure not to use one on Eden (yet) but is there any way to tell XBMC to forget online scraping of movies altogether and just use the *.nfo I provide? Also, final problem, since it's ignoring all the *.nfo's anyway, it's obviously not putting my movies into the Sets as I hoped, so any info on fixing that as well would be appreciated. I'd rather not have to do them one at a time via XWMM or other method.

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) - 8GB Ram - Built-in Database (NOT MySQL) - All media on local hard drives

--Edit--
After posting this, I set the "Content Type" for Movies back to None and cleaned the database. Installed the IMDB Scraper and went to scan again... It's only done about 20 movies so far and picked up a few that MovieDB missed, but it's also finding some of the movies wrong (albeit with the correct movies image still).
Example: The movie "4.3.2.1" (IMDB Link) is now being detected as "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3" (IMDB Link) Sad and still none are being put into Sets.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Don't know much about anything but maybe this would help some?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=977441&postcount=6

Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by snusboks
I have the same problem. TV-Scraper works - the movie database scraper doesnt
know bug in xbmc beta1.
you need to install the youtube addon to fix it.
Thanks... If I remember correctly I had already installed the latest YouTube plugin prior to scanning my media... Anyway, after switching to the IMDB scraper it still didn't take my NFO's but scanned a lot more correctly and didn't actual miss any files so I just manually fixed the borked ones and said to hell with it (for now).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Beta - Movie Scanning0