[REQUEST] NZB compatible usenet newsgroup downloader and stream script or plugin?
Hi!

I started playing with adding native nzb support to xbmc and think it will be a goer...

Started a new thread here...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=25627

chunk_1970: if it's ok with you, i might use the sabNZBD controllor as the basis for a script to use newzbin, etc and open nzbs for streaming..? am a bit away from that yet tho Smile

Patrick.
chunk_1970:

was thinking more about the sabNZBD script and maybe it would make sense for me to extend it to support both native nzb, and it's current functionality... possibly making it an option to stream, or download using sabNZBD.

Do you know if there are many users of it now? I'm trying to figure out if many people will benefit from the current functionality being updated... of if a dedicated nzb index script would be less more appropriate...

What do you think?

Regards,
Patrick
I dont really know how many people used it. It did seem quite popular when I first released it and I still get nagging questions for people asking me to update it but I couldn't really quantify exactly how many. You could post a message on the sabnzbd sourceforge forum to see get an idea of how many people are interested...

If I still had newsgroup access I would have done it myself. I have done a script recently called Torrent-X which is modular and that shouldn't be too much trouble to use it for this as well. The sabnzbd controller is a total mess really in the way it was written with no real error reporting/trapping to make fixing it easy...

If you like I can be contacted on MSN under e-mail [email protected]
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I guess before i get too excited about a script, i should get the core of the nzb support working... i've kinda got the bug for it at the moment so hopefully should have something functional in the next few days, opening an nzb from the filesystem and playing the content it references.

Thanks for the tip on Torrent-X... will get that going too and see how it works before i do anything on the script side of things!

I spend most of my time lurking on the irc channel these days / [email protected] on msn

thanks again!
Patrick.
I think someone should just pick up support for Chunk's SabController. Everything is pretty much done and the functionality was incredible! If someone could get the bug's worked out we'd all be so happy! No sense in reinventing the wheel! Any takers?
I am glad to see an interest in a SabController for XBMC, unlocking the possibility of a 10TB Usenet from the comfort of my couch gets me all excited! Especially with 1.2MB/s download speed!
I am also looking forward to this script working! I was one of those nags that keep asking for it to be fixed. Wink Let me know if i can help test it.

Thanks
officechris Wrote:I am glad to see an interest in a SabController for XBMC, unlocking the possibility of a 10TB Usenet from the comfort of my couch gets me all excited! Especially with 1.2MB/s download speed!

I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean all that pr0n just waiting to be watched! Laugh
This is sort of not on subject but I have a question about this script for when it is working.

WIll I be able to use it without the need for a server? So will it just work with XBMC and be able to download straight to my xbox?

Sorry to sound bumb.
dafunks Wrote:WIll I be able to use it without the need for a server? So will it just work with XBMC and be able to download straight to my xbox?

SabController and sabNZBD do need an external computer...

the nzb support i am working on will be standalone and work straight from the xbox. there's a link to a new thread i started on the native nzb support above.

i've learned a lot about ways of going about managing media since i started with this... there are some rss type things which work with sabNZBD making it a cool option... almost like sabTivo Smile SabController and sabNZBD will also be more reliable because they will be able to use the par files to verify & recover broken posts (within reason)...

i have a slight concern at the moment that the nzb support i am implimenting will have reliability problems because of streaming and not using the par files... i'll keep the dev thread up to date anyway with progress.
Any progress on this?

I would love this if it supported NZB RSS feeds!
Peteo Wrote:Any progress on this?

I would love this if it supported NZB RSS feeds!

Hi,

i believe that SABnzbd supports rss feeds natively (i haven't tried it yet tho!)

I only recently installed SAB after using newspro like a sucker for ages... and wow... what a piece of software! Smile I you havent installed it yet, i'd say go for it!

in the not too distant futures, it should (technically... scriptiong required) also be possible to stream from nzb rss feeds... should be an interesting next month or two! Smile

Patrick.
Ive seen the abController but I have no PC. S was wondering if yu can somehw dwnlad nzb files and download using XBMC. if its a straight nooo fine. But just seeing if it can be done.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=25627
I've seen the Easynews script,so it's obviously possible to grab files off newsgroups.
Any chance of an NZB compatible script?
I'd love to be able to use my xbox for grabbing stuff off newsgroups.
I have a Giganews account and the Easynews script has got me wondering.
I understand the issue re pars,but if the files needed fixing I would just up the lot to my PC and run them through Quickpar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] NZB compatible usenet newsgroup downloader and stream script or plugin?0