[RELEASE] Digitally Imported XBMC plugin 1.0 - electronic music
Glad you like it guys, positive/constructive feedback really keeps me going Smile

drose25: I have plans for making a sky.fm plugin, but theres 2 things about that and why I haven't started yet:
1. The structure of sky.fm and the way streams are play is totally different from di.fm (sky.fm has popup player), so it wouldn't just be a matter of changing the start url from di.fm to sky.fm
2. I'd like to leave the di.fm plugin in a state I'm satisfied with before moving on

a11599: I've finally figured out the problem I had with AAC streams, when I changed
li.setInfo(type = 'music' ...
to
li.setInfo(type = 'audio' ...
then XBMC could actually figure out it was an AAC stream, and stopped complaining about a corrupt mp3 stream Smile

I'm hoping to push an new version of the plugin to my github very soon, and then request it to be accepted into the official XBMC repo - after that, everyone who already has the plugin, should hopefully get upgraded automatically (that should work, if the plugin is called the same, right?)

The new version will only support AAC - same quality for 1/4 the bandwidth - any objections to that? Would you like both MP3 and AAC support and actually use MP3?
(2012-04-21, 00:43)bitcrusher01 Wrote: I'm hoping to push an new version of the plugin to my github very soon, and then request it to be accepted into the official XBMC repo - after that, everyone who already has the plugin, should hopefully get upgraded automatically (that should work, if the plugin is called the same, right?)

Yep. if the version you are sending to repo it higher than current one it should auto update. It is preferred that you use a 1.1.0 for example.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn: Probably a super stupid question: but how do i send a Message to the xbmc-addon mailingliste, so it will pull the new version of the addon - as I see it the mailinglist is readonly.
So what do I do now?
Follow this wiki
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Off...repository

Sign up to the mailing list and then send a request just as mentioned on the wiki page
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Martijn, I've looked it over again and again - but kept missing the part about me having to send the mail to [email protected] Tongue
A pull request has been sent now, and hopefully be version 1.1.0 should be recieved soon after the pull request is approved - I'll make a more "official" post about version 1.1.0 later, about changes and such.
Martijn: How long does it usually take for a new plugin to be approved? I sent my request about 14 hours ago

Also, I see in the mailinglist archives, that people who sent to it does it with the subject:
[Xbmc-addons] [Git Pull] my.cool.plugin
I sent with the following subject, without [Xbmc-addons] :
[Git Pull] Digitally Imported XBMC add-on

Could this be a problem?
I've been waiting patiently to hear about the update ..

Care to end the suspense bitcrusher? Big Grin
Weird thing is, when I recieved the mail/notification that you had responded to the thread, I was just finishing up my blogentry about version 1.1.0
It has been submitted to the Official XBMC addon repo - hoping to get it approved - but till that happens...

Ask, and Ye shall receive Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129857

Also, I would appreciate it if any new comments would please be made to the new thread above - perhaps a moderator will close this one?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Digitally Imported XBMC plugin 1.0 - electronic music1