[MAC] Genre confusion
Hi

I have just set up XBMC on my Mac Mini (OSX 10.7.2) and all appears to be running well except for one problem. I'm primarily setting up the system for my kids to use to watch their movies, but some of the listing by genres are not making sense. For instance a lot of their animation films, Disney stuff such as Bambi, are showing up under Science Fiction as well as where they should be showing up.

I've checked back to IMDB and TheMovieDB, both if which are enabled, and both of which show the correct listing of genres, so where the hell is XBMC getting the incorrect tags from? Is there another reference point that XBMC uses? Or is it metadata from the file itself? I'm confused as to where to look next! Most of the files are rips converted to avi.

It's not a major problem, still loving XBMC, but it just looks messy and makes the genre listings fairly pointless.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Dan
I think I've narrowed it down to a combination of me needing to put more specific film names, (adding the year as a prefix), which cured a couple of examples, and the fact that The MovieDB has some really weird genre classifications!

I notice you can't disable The MovieDB. Think I might need to start looking for a media manager...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Genre confusion0