• 1(current)
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon
Development of this add-on has been discontinued.

A new version (not developed by me) is available in the following thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=207041
Thanks, it's a great add-on.

I currently have a live game on and it's extremely choppy. Also, I don't see any content under highlights, archive or condensed. Does that seem right?
If the video is choppy your internet connection is not fast enough to watch the video at the chosen bitrate or the servers are not fast enough because too many people are watching the game. Try to change the bitrate in addon settings.

Does it show an error message when you click on higlights, condensed or archive?

What do you get if you enter this link in a browser? (Replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with your username and password)
http://dir.boxee.tv/apps/nhl/nhl.php?ava...s=PASSWORD
Update:
- Added RTMP streams (Dharma compatible)
- Added Classic games
- Changed stream access method

@flameboy54
I hope it works now.
Gr8 work!!!

Do you think you could use that same source code and transform it as an NBA League Pass addon? That would be AWSOME!
doctor78 Wrote:Gr8 work!!!

Do you think you could use that same source code and transform it as an NBA League Pass addon? That would be AWSOME!

You probably couldn't use very much. And because I don't have a NBA League Pass I can't try to code an addon for it.
Thanks - this looks great!
The archived, condensed, and classic games are all working for me and work smoothly.

But 'Live' gives me an error, and won't display a list of available games -- here's what the logs have.

Quote:22:26:54 T:3212 NOTICE: Mode: 8
22:26:54 T:3212 NOTICE: URL: /live
22:26:54 T:3212 NOTICE: Name: Live
22:26:54 T:3212 NOTICE: /live
22:26:55 T:3212 NOTICE: File Saved
22:26:55 T:3212 NOTICE: Download: 1. try
22:26:55 T:3212 NOTICE: Download successful
22:26:55 T:3212 NOTICE: File Saved
22:26:55 T:3212 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
22:26:55 T:3212 ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
22:26:55 T:3212 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\heyrob\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\gamecenter.py", line 508, in <module>
LIVE(url,name)
File "C:\Users\heyrob\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\gamecenter.py", line 315, in LIVE
gcl = xml2.getElementsByTagName('link')[0].nodeValue
IndexError: list index out of range
22:26:55 T:3280 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/?url=%2Flive&mode=8&name=Live
22:26:55 T:3280 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/?url=%2Flive&mode=8&name=Live) failed

I'll admit I'm in unfamiliar territory here so I'm not sure how to even troubleshoot the error, or determine whether it's a problem on my end or not. As I said, archived content seems to work fine.
i am getting a error script failure gamecenter.py when i try to watch a classic game.any help
Has anyone tried this on OS X (Eden beta)? I get a script error when I try to run the addon: http://pastie.org/3167580

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I don't have access to my computer currently but I'll try to help.

@GetOffMyLawn
It was working for me. Do you have a Gamecenter Live or a NHL Vault account? I'll have a closer look at it on saturday when I get home. I hope you can wait that long. Sorry.

@atlkidz
Can you post a debug log?

@thrillerbee
I developed the addon on OSX.Laugh I got the same error from time to time but I read online that it's a problem with XBMC. A restart of XBMC should help.
Carb0 Wrote:@thrillerbee
I developed the addon on OSX.Laugh I got the same error from time to time but I read online that it's a problem with XBMC. A restart of XBMC should help.

A restart will allow the addon to start, but the only option presented is "Check your login credentials". I have verified that the credentials in /Users/user_1/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/settings.xml work on the actual NHL Gamecenter website.

Here's a log from the attempt: http://pastie.org/3169301

UPDATE: Same issue on my Linux HTPC. I can log into the website with the same credentials. What else could be causing this? Thanks!
Also, has anyone had any luck changing their "location" according to NHL gamecenter? I keep getting blacked out on local games even when my local affiliate isn't carrying the game.

Thanks again.
Hey Carb0 -- first off, don't apologize! I really appreciate that you developed this at all; thanks Smile

My account is a Gamecenter Live account.
thrillerbee Wrote:Also, has anyone had any luck changing their "location" according to NHL gamecenter? I keep getting blacked out on local games even when my local affiliate isn't carrying the game.

Thanks again.

I think that local games are always blacked out on GameCenter; not 100% sure on that one. I do know that they pull your location from your IP (at least, here in Canada they do)
thrillerbee Wrote:A restart will allow the addon to start, but the only option presented is "Check your login credentials". I have verified that the credentials in /Users/user_1/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/settings.xml work on the actual NHL Gamecenter website.

Here's a log from the attempt: http://pastie.org/3169301

UPDATE: Same issue on my Linux HTPC. I can log into the website with the same credentials. What else could be causing this? Thanks!

thrillerbee, i was having the same issue with the "check your login credentials", I actually went to the NHL gamecenter site and changed my password. In XBMC, instead of adding my email as the login, I used my actual login name and the changed password was able to access gamecenter.

However, I am only able to retrieve the classic and condensed games. I keep getting an error myself with accessing the live games list. I am using ATV2. Hopefully we can resolve this Smile Amazing app by the way!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon14