Music - Library.
Have a selection for 'A - Z', as currently I have to go via 'music - files' and I think this is the only location that the alphabetical listing option exists if you sort your music into folders, starting with alphabet before artist.
If these posts are skin requests then you need to post them in the relevant skin sub forum.
Which is here for Confluence.
i'm not entirely sure myself, but i'm gonna assume they are feature requests for Confluence.

> moving..
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I am not new to forums nor software, but I am new to the different areas that xbmc requests should be directed to. I will learn what is core, skin, etc. in time. Any ignorance I thankfully appreciate being taken as such. I am not a noob (yuck) to software and I appreciate that this is a free and open source expansion of what I used on the old original xbox. Kind regards, Arthur.

ronie Wrote:i'm not entirely sure myself, but i'm gonna assume they are feature requests for Confluence.

> moving..
Quote:Have a selection for 'A - Z', as currently I have to go via 'music - files' and I think this is the only location that the alphabetical listing option exists if you sort your music into folders, starting with alphabet before artist
Maybe I'm being dense but not sure what you're wanting, both submenus Artists and Albums under the Music menu show the content alphabeticaly.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Yes, they both show alphabetically listed everything, but there are no "A", "B" , "C" etc tags to click on, it is one LOOOOOOOOONG vertically scrollable list of *all* artists, or *all* albums.
- as I have discovered if you have library mode turned on!
that was the problem.

I was avoiding library from the main XMBC screen for that very reason, and selecting "artists" expecting a,b,c,d, etc.
I got the exact same result as library from the main music screen (everything listed as one long continuous list) , even though I was not actually wanting it!
If you select library from the main music screen, the library button is then turned on for every other view if you chose it, be it artist, or album.

I did not assume that Chosing library view, invoked this as default thereafter. Not obvious at all! I would have thought that library view should only display as library, and leave the other views alone unless you drag the sidebar on and select the radio button!

Mudislander Wrote:Maybe I'm being dense but not sure what you're wanting, both submenus Artists and Albums under the Music menu show the content alphabeticaly.
Just a hint for you:
For Quick Jumping through the library you can use the JumpSMS function...
That sms-writing style and brings you to the letter you want...
Press 2 once--->a
Press 2 twice--->b
press 3 once--->d
and so on...

Has to be configured in the keyboard.xml

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music - Library.0