What is XBMCbuntu ?
It's a silly question but I can't find an answer.

It's on : http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en

Is this Xbmc Live with the new XBMC 11.0 Eden ?
yes it is a custom live build, working just fine here on a revo 3600
r4nd0m Wrote:yes it is a custom live build, working just fine here on a revo 3600

Does it have the new eden ?
yep but I also added nathans ppa to get latests nightlies from him

add-apt-repository ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/xbmc-nightly

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
is it stable ?
its very stable, hasnt crashed on me so far, running it now for a couple of days, has very low memory consumption and from my perspective is a very piece of work for my needs
Great ...I'm goner install it.....
r4nd0m Wrote:yes it is a custom live build, working just fine here on a revo 3600

It's more than that, it's the official replacement for XBMC Live, see Eden Beta announcement.

Those who have tried it have seen that it's not ready for prime time since graphics/themes are still not customised and something is still missing in the "new" installer, but we should not be so far away for an official release from TeamXBMC.
As I understand, XBMCbuntu is a distribution similar to Mtyhbuntu (Mythtv & Media-related software & Ubuntu) only build around XBMC...
Quote:It's more than that, it's the official replacement for XBMC Live
That is interesting! Why not put it up on the forum as Alpha for the non dutch corner of the world? I am very eager to see what have been done and I have started the download. Would have been nice to have been part of the process as well.
Ok, looks nice so far. Clean up the splash and you are golden.

But,
How do I enter expert mode in the installation?
No wifi? I have have a basic wifi manager add-on on fire sale......barely test driven.
No audio mixer. Not needed or coming?

and
the xbmcbuntu session is a bit strange..assume it is WIP.
The pcman is not shown in the openbox menu...not sure why.

EDIT:
Suggested packages to add
ephiphany-browser alt. arora
leafpad
wicd-curses or at least the deb files, if that is possible. This would be great becuse then we can hook it up to wifi without wire.
I've just tried to install it . Got a problem....

And it's coming up with an install screen that the text is too small for me to read.

I can't see what I'm doing...
looks normal in vmware. Not sure what dictates the font size in grub & installer but It does indeed vary.
interesting, didnt know that either that this one especially is going to replace live, however I have it installed with all my plugins and dont have a single issue with it, it runs way smoother than xbmc-live did, the memory consumption gives me the opportunity to run additional services on the box and even compared to an openelec install on the same device this seems to be the right decision to go for now ... really nice - installed it on my revo 3610 connected to a samsung via hdmi
Did some more tests.
EDIT: USB mount does work. My bad.
But is that a nodiskmount that can be removed for fixed disks?

I couldn't get menus to auto generate. Looks like debian menu have to be added to a config file? I really always prefered fluxbox. I think the menu should be fixed before final alt. switch to flux Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is XBMCbuntu ?0