[AppleTV1] Logitech Harmony Apple TV Profile
Hi All,

I have 2 Apple TV's - a gen 1 and a gen 2. I also have 2 Logitech Harmony One remotes setup to control these. Everything works great and I can control XBMC using the remote as per the Apple Remote on both machines.

However, I see now that in Eden Beta 1 I can use additional buttons from the remote to perform extra commands on the ATV 2.

These are mentioned in the apple remote keymap as below :

Code:
<!-- Additional buttons via Harmony Apple TV remote profile -->
      <!-- pageup     -->      <button id="13">PageUp</button>
      <!-- pagedown   -->      <button id="14">PageDown</button>
      <!-- pause      -->      <button id="15">Pause</button><!-- work? -->
      <!-- play2      -->      <button id="16">Play</button>
      <!-- stop       -->      <button id="17">Stop</button>
      <!-- fast fwd   -->      <button id="18">FastForward</button><!-- work? -->
      <!-- rewind     -->      <button id="19">Rewind</button>
      <!-- skip fwd   -->      <button id="20">SkipNext</button>
      <!-- skip back  -->      <button id="21">SkipPrevious</button>

This is an absolutely brilliant bonus and is a massive improvement over the standard apple remote.

However I notice that the same keys don't work on the Apple TV 1. (I can see that the device has received the command (light flashes) but isn't processed in XBMC.)

My question is, is this to be expected? i.e. these button IDs should in ATV2 but not ATV1? Is there some code in the iOS version that allows this to happen which isn't present in the Intel code? Or is it restricted by the hardware?

Cheers for any insight.
Mark
I have a Harmony One with an Apple TV 1 and the additional buttons have always worked. Maybe you have and old version of the Launcher or maybe you have a very old keymap.xml installed. I think I actually have no keymap.xml file. Try removing your keymap.xml or copying the one from the ATV2 to the ATV1.
Hi Kreig

Thanks for the response. The Launcher suggestion sounded plausible so I just updated to 3.2.5 but with the same result. I don't have a custom keymap in place, just the one at

Code:
/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml

which contains references to the Harmony keys. The only thing which I wonder might be different is the version of the base ATV OS? I'm running version 2.0 - what are you using?

Cheers
Mark
I started an earlier thread with the exact same question with out getting any response. My ATV2 has the correct behavior for page up and down but not ATV1.

I tracked down to the ATVCLIENT that is running on ATV1 (if you are running crystalbuntu distro, it comes with ATVClient).

I read through the thread by the ATVClient author (can't find the thread right now), it seems that he specifically implemented ATV1 differently compare to ATV2.

Specifically, in ATV1, page up -> OSD and page down -> GUI list (or something like that).

I am not sure how to overcome the programming with keymaps to regain page up and down.

[FOUND thread] http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63513

see post #53 which hints at the implementation details between ATV1 vs ATV2
Has anyone ever figured out how to remap these back to page up and page down? I just converted over and have a harmony and would like them to function as page up and page down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV1] Logitech Harmony Apple TV Profile0