Seperate Flac and Mp3
Hi,

I use Itunes to organise all my music, that way if i update the itunes library on one PC all others will see it and foldermonitoring is working like a charm. Having the music as MP3 also makes it easier for my girlfriend to copy it to her ipod/iphone.

However irght now i have linked the XBMC music library to the iTunes folder. So if new music is added it will show up in XBMC, also works very well.

My problem is that i have some music in FLAC, and MP3. So when i browse for a album that contains both i will see two songs for each in XBMC.

Is there anyway that XBMC can filter a song away from the library if a FLAC file exsist?

Right now i have this structure added to XBMC:

x:\iTunes Media\Music\
x:\FLAC\

Best regards

Thomas
There's nothing along the lines of "if exists .FLAC then .mp3 = hidden".

I have tons of FLACs and hi-res multichannel stuff that sometimes duplicates existing mp3s. What I do is add "Remastered" to the album name. The library may show:

>Beatles
Help!
Help! Remastered
Yellow Submarine
Yellow Submarine Remastered

Just shows me which to give priority to while letting me keep copies of both. Not sure if that works for you but short of coding you'll have to come up with a trick.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seperate Flac and Mp30