Addon reshuffle
Exclamation 
as you can see, many addon threads have been moved to sub categories.
this should make it somewhat easier to find the one you're looking for.

in case your thread has been moved to the wrong subforum (or hasn't been moved at all),
please post a link to it in this thread and let me know which subforum it should be moved to.

cheers.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey ronie...

this is a real improvement...thank you for this...
It's good to see that not only the software itself makes progress...also forum and wiki...

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Wow! much better. Thanks.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

How to contribute? Where will repo-specific threads go?
There are mistakes in categorization..
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
macf1an Wrote:How to contribute? Where will repo-specific threads go?
There are mistakes in categorization..

There is no "repository-addons" category, (yet)...
Might be worth thinking about it...

How to contribute? As ronie said, just post the problems here...

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
I had other things in mind - more automated ways like flagging/reporting(if enabled as options in the forum) or else. Manually describing every moving proposition is too dull of a job..
Soundcloud thread is in Program but is a Music addon, duh Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116215
macf1an Wrote:I had other things in mind - more automated ways like flagging/reporting(if enabled as options in the forum) or else. Manually describing every moving proposition is too dull of a job..

Well that would require the option to be avaible and since this is once a in between solution until the new forum is finished (no ETA yet according to the team). Mistakes can be made so for just post the wrong placed ones.

This has been a great improvement indeed. Should have suggested this much earlier.

@ronie
Sorry about this Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have another idea - why not utilize the tags? Whenever one sees a misplaced thread - tag it "#MoveTo_[proposed subforum]" (or different wording - as long as it's easy to remember)
Then once a day or a week the moderators can search by tags and decide if moving is actually required, and if already performed - to remove/rename the tag
I presume the new sub-structures will be core to new forum so why not best it now..
I think most of the web interfaces are in "Supplemental Tools for XBMC". Probably best to move them. The one I work on: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112956
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Cheers ronie, this is much simpler and for noobs that don't look at the site every day this should be a massive help.
Yeah was just too hard to use the "search" feature! Thanks for the extra clicks.

Mark
why cant you just simplify the addon categories.

Video, Music, Scrapers, Programs, Other

that is all you need!
krish_2k4 Wrote:why cant you just simplify the addon categories.

Video, Music, Scrapers, Programs, Other

that is all you need!

Agreed...I think there are too many catagories.

Mark
macf1an Wrote:I had other things in mind - more automated ways like flagging/reporting(if enabled as options in the forum) or else. Manually describing every moving proposition is too dull of a job..

and so was manually moving ~1000 addons ;-)
macf1an Wrote:Soundcloud thread is in Program but is a Music addon, duh Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116215

cheers, moved it to the correct location.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:as you can see, many addon threads have been moved to sub categories.
this should make it somewhat easier to find the one you're looking for.

in case your thread has been moved to the wrong subforum (or hasn't been moved at all),
please post a link to it in this thread and let me know which subforum it should be moved to.

cheers.

Thanks ronie - that's much easier to navigate around now. I can only imagine how fun that was to move all of those threads. Nod
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon reshuffle1