Need older nightly - Sept 19th - No go on Eden
I mislabeled the sept 21 build as sept 19. There may have been one on the 19th, but I don't have it. In my old notes, I marked the sept 16 build as working especially well for me.
I'd like to try this this build, I'm currently running at 4.4.4 with latest Eden. I've tried searching to see how I can install a deb file from my desktop, but not seeing what I need to do to remove XBMC and install a copy local to my desktop. Anyone point me on the right direction? I'm used to just doing he standard installs. If this was an old XBOX, I'd be fine Wink
nethervue Wrote:I'd like to try this this build, I'm currently running at 4.4.4 with latest Eden. I've tried searching to see how I can install a deb file from my desktop, but not seeing what I need to do to remove XBMC and install a copy local to my desktop. Anyone point me on the right direction? I'm used to just doing he standard installs. If this was an old XBOX, I'd be fine Wink

1. download the build
2. Transfer it to your Appletv using either scp or a sftp client like cyberduck .
3. Login to your Appletv ,navigate to where the file is
4. Run the command "dpkg -i filename"
5. Remove the file "rm filename"
dopechess Wrote:You rock bro! btw.. for those that are having buffering issues. Try these 2 builds. They have worked great for me for 720p and 1080p MKVs. Don't know why, but they do for some reason. i have tried many many nighties and these work the best.

Please report back to this thread if you have tried these and it works for you.

I do not experience the stuttering issues you described in beta1. For the good of the community, why don't you collect the logs and provide to the developers?
dopechess Wrote:1. download the build
2. Transfer it to your Appletv using either scp or a sftp client like cyberduck .
3. Login to your Appletv ,navigate to where the file is
4. Run the command "dpkg -i filename"
5. Remove the file "rm filename"

Awesome! What about removing the current install? When you install it using #4, does that install all the dependencies?
nethervue Wrote:Awesome! What about removing the current install? When you install it using #4, does that install all the dependencies?

dpkg -i installs over whatever the current build is. Dependecies should already be installed from the previous build. Just remember to delete the file.

Let us know if the Sept build is working better for you.
Awesome post!

thanks for bringing this up, was looking around for the sept 16th nightly for testing against framedrop playback issues on certain files.

other posts also mention sept 16th as the best working for them

will run it later and compare to eden beta for my setup

thanks again ChipsAhoy for the link Wink
Eden is the first build that works proper for me...odd. I up'd to 4.4.4 through iTunes. I then re-jailbroke it, installed Nito TV and update be gone, rebooted and then installed XBMC. XBMC when right in with no issue and now not only does 720p not stutter, 1080p was playing flawlessly?!
avus m3 Wrote:Eden is the first build that works proper for me...odd. I up'd to 4.4.4 through iTunes. I then re-jailbroke it, installed Nito TV and update be gone, rebooted and then installed XBMC. XBMC when right in with no issue and now not only does 720p not stutter, 1080p was playing flawlessly?!

Eden worked ok for me for the first night, afterwards it would exhibit the same buffering problems. Might be a memory leak? Not sure, but it definitely not as good in terms of watching 720p MKVs as the Sept 19th build. The ability to watch the higher definition files without problems is the most important thing for me.

Update. I reinstalled the Sept 19th build and everything works again. All my SMB shares with 720MKV and even 1080MKV works perfectly. The 1080P stuff are very large files, about 20GB each. BTW, I am doing all of this over wireless.

Developers, please look at why the sept 19th build works better for streaming those MKVs than other builds or even Eden.

Can others confirm? or is it just my imagination?
hi dopechess,

will test sept nightly vs eden beta later and post

in the meantime can you test something, basically your streaming is great again with the sept 16th but will it play the whole movie without crashing to frontrow?
mgc_bb Wrote:hi dopechess,

will test sept nightly vs eden beta later and post

in the meantime can you test something, basically your streaming is great again with the sept 16th but will it play the whole movie without crashing to frontrow?

I watched 3 movies all the way through last night without it crashing to front row. They were 4.5GB 720p MKV (AAC, H264)
dopechess Wrote:Eden worked ok for me for the first night, afterwards it would exhibit the same buffering problems. Might be a memory leak? Not sure, but it definitely not as good in terms of watching 720p MKVs as the Sept 19th build. The ability to watch the higher definition files without problems is the most important thing for me.

Update. I reinstalled the Sept 19th build and everything works again. All my SMB shares with 720MKV and even 1080MKV works perfectly. The 1080P stuff are very large files, about 20GB each. BTW, I am doing all of this over wireless.

Developers, please look at why the sept 19th build works better for streaming those MKVs than other builds or even Eden.

Can others confirm? or is it just my imagination?

Could you get us 2 logs. One with the build that works, and one with eden b1 - and do the exact same things on both?

First link in my sig will tell you how to get the xbmc.log.

Don't forget to turn debugging on plz.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Could you get us 2 logs. One with the build that works, and one with eden b1 - and do the exact same things on both?

First link in my sig will tell you how to get the xbmc.log.

Don't forget to turn debugging on plz.

will do it tonight and post the logs here.
Dope, I've a quick question for you; I found myself in the same boat with regards to playback issues on 11b1, so attempted to run the older build (Sept 19th) that you recommended in a previous post, but upon completing the upgrade installation and attempting to launch XBMC, it crashes back to Apple TV.

I ran through the following...

-Downloaded build from Mediafire using link provided in this thread
-Copied to ATV2 using Filezilla
-Installed via Putty using command line dpkg -i filename
-Removed .deb file
-Rebooted ATV

Apologies for the vague nature of the above, but is there anything I'm doing obviously wrong? Are these the steps you ran through?

With regards to the 11b1 playback issue, from the testing I've done the first MKV I attempt to play will play almost flawlessly, from there on in however I suffer from almost constant buffering - can provide logs if necessary.
Got the same problem snuffwig with the crash to frontrow after following steps to change to sept 16, not just you buddy

strange one huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need older nightly - Sept 19th - No go on Eden0