Need older nightly - Sept 19th - No go on Eden
snuffwig Wrote:From tonights testing; totally stuck on iOS 4.4.4 as older builds are no longer signed and i've no blob files.

XBMC side of things; neither the Sept 16th or 19th build runs on 4.4.4 so I would appear to be stuck with eden b1 and a whole load of unwatchable content.

If there's anything I can do to help progress the situation let me know, as otherwise my ATVs just going back in its box, at least short term.

can't you just jailbreak with the season pass and load one of the older IPSW?

http://osxdaily.com/2011/03/14/jailbreak...eas0npass/

i haven't had to revert back to older firmware
3194 errors - SHSH signing related - when trying to downgrade to either 4.3 or 4.4.3. Gave up after trying both on three separate machines..
Just fyi - devs are about to just ignore that thread. Because you just try to make yourself comfortable. This won't fix anything in eden. I have kindly asked for 2 comparable logs. If nobody can provide them - video playback won't get better on eden like with eden beta1.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Apologies, I can't provide anything other than beta1 logs...Dope, can you up logs for the devs to have a look at?
I've been having similar problems. I only stream via icefilms and occasionally Navi-X and have been experiencing major buffering. Not only that, if I don't allow the files to fully upload, they crash me out of xbmc back to the atv2 main menu. This is happening first today.

I'm running 4.3 (downgraded easily from 4.4 using this link...)

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/6317

Latest Eden build with Icefilms add-on. Buffers are tweaked and set to zero (unlimited?) and I've cleared my cache. About to test one last time before just watching the end of this movie on my MBP.

Not sure if the old build would address my issue since i'm not stream in house media, but if anyone of you knows how this affects icefilms, let me know.

Thanks

ps In the above thread that I link to, there's a nice little discussion about the hashtag in the code one adds to the Host file to block updates. It's all greek to me (thank God for copy/paste...) but it does the trick...
dopechess Wrote:can i ask you how do you remove all the XBMC preferences?

I would alos like to know how to do this?

thanks
I will try to get the logs tonight. Sorry for the delay.
Wilco75 Wrote:I've been having similar problems. I only stream via icefilms and occasionally Navi-X and have been experiencing major buffering. Not only that, if I don't allow the files to fully upload, they crash me out of xbmc back to the atv2 main menu. This is happening first today.

I'm running 4.3 (downgraded easily from 4.4 using this link...)

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/6317

Latest Eden build with Icefilms add-on. Buffers are tweaked and set to zero (unlimited?) and I've cleared my cache. About to test one last time before just watching the end of this movie on my MBP.

Not sure if the old build would address my issue since i'm not stream in house media, but if anyone of you knows how this affects icefilms, let me know.

Thanks

ps In the above thread that I link to, there's a nice little discussion about the hashtag in the code one adds to the Host file to block updates. It's all greek to me (thank God for copy/paste...) but it does the trick...

I tried editing the host file as per the link you posted but, I am still getting 3194 errors in itunes. Has the work-around been blocked?
So has anyone who upgraded to 4.4.4 and Eden been able to revert back to a combination that works? If so, it would be great to have a post with consolidated instructions.
Memphiz,

I have the first log for you. This is a debug log of the Sept 16th build. I /dev/null > xbmc.log before i started collecting the data. I started XBMC and played a couple of movie for about 30 secs. No buffering issues observed. Buffering issues usually happen right away.

Sept 16th build, ATV on 4.3, installed via dpkg -i method
http://pastebin.com/P6fHaUmu

I just installed the EDEN build via nittoTV update. I have have only observed slight buffering issue, very brief. From my experiences lately, the Eden build usually works for the first night. Then it degrades some how and the buffering issue increases to a unusable state. I will wait for this unusable state to occur before i collect the log for you.

Please let me know if you need more info or other things collected.
just wondering, if i go into nitotv and uninstall xbmc, and then reinstall, will all my metadata and library icons etc be lost?
woompa Wrote:I tried editing the host file as per the link you posted but, I am still getting 3194 errors in itunes. Has the work-around been blocked?

Don't know what OS you're on or what that error is, but I had a problem until I realized I needed to reboot my computer after editing the host file. I'm on OSX Lion and it worked fine after the reboot.
dopechess Wrote:Memphiz,

I have the first log for you. This is a debug log of the Sept 16th build. I /dev/null > xbmc.log before i started collecting the data. I started XBMC and played a couple of movie for about 30 secs. No buffering issues observed. Buffering issues usually happen right away.

Sept 16th build, ATV on 4.3, installed via dpkg -i method
http://pastebin.com/P6fHaUmu

I just installed the EDEN build via nittoTV update. I have have only observed slight buffering issue, very brief. From my experiences lately, the Eden build usually works for the first night. Then it degrades some how and the buffering issue increases to a unusable state. I will wait for this unusable state to occur before i collect the log for you.

Please let me know if you need more info or other things collected.

Do you reboot your atv2/restart xbmc after the first night?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
sohels Wrote:So has anyone who upgraded to 4.4.4 and Eden been able to revert back to a combination that works? If so, it would be great to have a post with consolidated instructions.

STOP HIGHJACKING this thread. This all becomes such a mess here that i just loose my motivation to even try to help.
I have exactly the same problem, choppy buffering video.

Im on iOS 4.4.4, using Eden.. my media is stored on a 2tb Time Capsule, and im using AFP.

Ill grab some logs when i get home this evening.

Cheers,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need older nightly - Sept 19th - No go on Eden0