front end pvr support request please
Hi there.
well I'm using XBMC for almost a year now and I can say it's the most incredible mediacenter ever!

I'm using margro PVR version of dharma, and when there will be a stable pvr version of eden I will update.

I recently bought and android phone and discovered your amazing official remote.

I'm also a very active member of the french forum "passion-xbmc", and we are a lot using PVR version of xbmc.

So here is my question

Can we have some pvr function on the remote, not the back-end one, but front end function, like a Live TV function (as the tv-show or movies function), the ability to pick a channel, or see EPG ,or the ability to browse the channels (like we are doing for tvshow or movies), the possibility to add a timer and so-one

It would be very usefull and very appreciated

best regards, and happy new year to the all xbmc community
+1

Would love to have PVR support.

Br

Lengis
+1

Tnx!
Sure, as soon as the JSON-RPC API supports it, we'll have a look at it.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:Sure, as soon as the JSON-RPC API supports it, we'll have a look at it.

thank u freezy

so, now a stupid question , when will the api support it?:o
salora Wrote:thank u freezy

so, now a stupid question , when will the api support it?:o

I guess it would be sometime in 2012 as per this
http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
hunkyn Wrote:I guess it would be sometime in 2012 as per this
http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap

thanks but the roadmap's talking about the api that support backends

What I'm asking for now, is just the ability to navigate through Live tv window as we do for others category.

for example a command that call the "mypvr" window like is call the "myvideonav" for video...
+1

there's a workaround:
you can add the address of the tv-backend-server as a source in the video-source dialog of xbmc . then all the channel could be browsed through videos (named movies inside the app) and will be received as a stream. tested with vdr backend.
can you be please more specific?

the ip adress? and something else?

because the ip adress for the tvserver is basicaly the same as the ip adress for my video and music folders

so I guess that if I only add the ip adress it will return nothing
I can't remember, which kind of server you have to choose. I guess it is something with vdr and the ip will be 127.0.0.1 and the port of the vdr streaming protocol.
I will post the settings tonight, when I'm in front of my htpc.
ok I saw what you're talking about, but I'm using Mediaportal TVserver as backend and there is not protocal for that in the video source adding possibilities
I didn't try it with mediaportal backend on windows, but maybe it would work the same way by using another protocol.
my way:
add video
browse
add network location
protocol: VDR Streamdev client
server address: 127.0.0.1
port: 2004

so maybe it would work if the port is changed to the port of mediaportal.
it's worth a try

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
front end pvr support request please0