Root password "alpine" don't work! HELP :)
Hi guys. So I've installed the 4.4.4 jailbreak by seasonpass. Everything went fine and I pugged it into me TV and got the seasonpass logo, so the jailbreak is done. But when I want to install XBMC( it's correct that the ethernet, power and usb cable is in my ATV right?) (im using PuTTY) I type in ssh [email protected] and the black window pops up. Then I write "alpine" and I get this message :
Using username "ssh root".
ssh [email protected]'s password:
Access denied

So I've done the jailbreak 3 times, but still no luck :/

I use an Acer aspire 5530 PC (Windows vista 32 bit and an Apple TV 2G)

Sorry for bad language, im from Norway Smile
So I hope anyone can help me out Smile
Only type the IP Address in Putty (10.0.0.17)
Wait for the Black Screen.

Login = root
Password = alpine.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
DejaVu Wrote:Only type the IP Address in Putty (10.0.0.17)
Wait for the Black Screen.

Login = root
Password = alpine.

OMG, thank you !Big Grin

But how to I copy - paste into putty? Smile (im lazy)
kRisi Wrote:OMG, thank you !Big Grin

But how to I copy - paste into putty? Smile (im lazy)

I'll type it up for ya. Where do you live?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

IM so happy! I foun it out Smile So I have now installed XBMC! It's been two weeks with anger and pain, and I regret I din't post anything on thin forum before now. So a big thank you Big Grin
I found one more problem. Is the smb*username* password the same as my computerpassword? If so, It's not working :S
kRisi Wrote:I found one more problem. Is the smb*username* password the same as my computerpassword? If so, It's not working :S

Yes it should be, make sure you have file sharing turned on and that the drive where your media is shared on your computer,
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Burbulence Wrote:Yes it should be, make sure you have file sharing turned on and that the drive where your media is shared on your computer,

Okey, I just needed to uinstall something. I can fint the folders, but not the movies instide the folder, why not? it's avi and mkv files..
Just a quick tip for Putty in Windows

If you're using Windows 7 you can go to where the Putty.exe file is and shift right click then click Open Command Prompt here. Now you can just type putty [email protected] to SSH into your device.

You can also drop putty into the system32 folder and now you can just open a command prompt anywhere and type putty [email protected]

I went one step further and renamed putty.exe to ssh.exe then put that into the system32 folder and now I can just open up a run prompt (Window Key + R) and type ssh xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to SSH into devices.
kRisi Wrote:Okey, I just needed to uinstall something. I can fint the folders, but not the movies instide the folder, why not? it's avi and mkv files..

Let's say your movies are stored in the D:\Movies folder

Go to your D drive and right click the Movies folder then Properties

Now go to the Sharing Tab

Depending on the version of Windows you have this next step is slightly different but in Windows 7 click Advanced Sharing and tick the Share this folder box. Click Permissions and select which users you want to grant access to the folder for. Click apply and OK and now the folder is shared.

Now when you add a new SMB share you should see the folder.

Min norske er dårlig men hvis du trenger mer hjelp kan du sende meg en melding.
Thank you guys, my XBMC is up and running on my APTV2 Smile
Hello, im trying to type in the password "alpine" for PuTTY and idk if it should do this but when i try to type it in, it just doesnt type or display the letters atall and i spell it correct each time i try but it says

Access denied

as i said, idk if it should/should not display the letters i type but i can assure you that my keyboard works perfectly and that it doesnt disconnect at the time i try and type the password
please please reply to this, i will be sooo happy if i get a reply explaning what/if im doing anything wrong
thanks
Password is not displayed AT ALL when using ssh. So, no * or space or anything. This is a security feature. Just type it in and hit enter.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-09-18, 17:25)MinorMinecraft Wrote: Hello, im trying to type in the password "alpine" for PuTTY and idk if it should do this but when i try to type it in, it just doesnt type or display the letters atall and i spell it correct each time i try but it says

Access denied

as i said, idk if it should/should not display the letters i type but i can assure you that my keyboard works perfectly and that it doesnt disconnect at the time i try and type the password
please please reply to this, i will be sooo happy if i get a reply explaning what/if im doing anything wrong
thanks

If it's literally saying Using username "ssh root". then you entering the user name as "ssh root". The username should be "root". It sounds like you are initiating an SSH session then trying to initiate another one before logging in.

The command to SSH into the device in your case would be:

ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Root password "alpine" don't work! HELP :)0