A6-3650 Pink/Blueish screen
Seem to have a bit of a problem to solve...

Have an LCD TV connected to the HTPC through HDMI.
Latest Catalyst Drivers Installed.
The screen gets kind of like when you see the negative colors of a picture, but with a pinkish/blueish tone.
It gets like this a few minutes after booting, whether I'm watching a 1080p file, or the system is idle. Than it stays like this for a few minutes, gets back to normal a few minutes, again the strange colors, and so on...
It's a cycle of doom!!
lol

seriously, any clue what this might be? I've been googling all over the place, but didn't seem to get me there.

thanks
have u played with any settings in CatalystControlCenter?
if so, try to reset them to factory defaults.

usually-->in ATI CCC press options, then preference and then restore factory defaults. at least that has done it for the most people.

Catalyst Software Suite /109 MB / v11.12
This could be either the GPU or the TV. I suggest finding a second HDMI source to test the TV with, and a second screen to test the HTPC with.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
I haven't touched the catalyst control centre (BTW, in amd's apus, the program installs and it's called amd vision engine control centre).

I set it up to the defaults, and will test a few settings that I found that worked for others.

I'll say something during the weekend. Doing a bit of research, and hopefully will solve this and leave the info here, in case anybody has similar problems.

regards
Hello.

After some testing and a thorough search on the internet, it seems that some LCD TV + ATI graphics couples have this type of problem.

In my case, it was solved by changing the pixel format, inside CCC, to RGB Full (4:4:4). Haven't had the problem since.

Seems that this problem emerges specially with Philips LCD's (32PFL8404 here).

Thanks for the help, topic solved (i Hope!!!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-3650 Pink/Blueish screen0