Jerky video playback
Every video I attempt to pla,y regardless of codec or resolution, has an issue where every second or so, there is a split second pause. The audio plays fine and stays synced, and there's no tearing. However, if I hit escape to display the menu with the video playing in the background, it plays perfectly smooth (including 11gb 1080p mkv videos). However, bringing up the OSD or video info during playback doesn't have that effect. I'm running XBMC 10.1 on Windows 7, on an ASRock E350M1 board with an AMD E-350 APU, with 2gb of ram. All drivers are up to date.

These are things I've tried that didn't help:

Turning on "Adjust display refresh rate to match video".
Turning on "Sync playback to display".
Turning on both "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display".
Turning off hardware acceleration (DXVA2).
Switching to fullscreen window mode.

And with that I'm out of ideas. Any help you guys can provide would be much appreciated.\

EDIT:

Okay, it seems disabling DXVA2 did fix it, I just had to exit and reopen XBMC. The trouble is, I need DXVA2 for 1080p playback.

EDIT 2:

Okay, I re-enabled DXVA2 and restarted XBMC again and it fine. I've been having this problem for weeks, and it never occurred to me to just try restarting the program.
same problem here
i have also a AMD E350 with 2GB RAM and Win7 x64. Testet with Eden Beta1

the tearing problem is only in the bottom of the screen. the last 100 pixel
Apparently there is a memory leak in Eden, which is why restarting it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky video playback0