scale 1080P to 16:9
Curiosity got the better of me top image is full bluray 1920x1080 and bottom is 720p using stretch 16.9 almost the same frame I'll take your word that it looks ok in 3d

Not the best frame to have chosen but you get the point

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4565/xbmcl.jpg
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Curiosity got the better of me top image is full bluray 1920x1080 and bottom is 720p using stretch 16.9 almost the same frame I'll take your word that it looks ok in 3d

Not the best frame to have chosen but you get the point

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4565/xbmcl.jpg

are you saying both of those images are stretched?
Zoom amount = 1.35
Pixel Ratio = 0.74

The top image is a full bluray 2.35:1 move with black borders that wont scale with a pre set its using the settings I gave you above the bottom is a 720p movie using the pre set "stretch 16.9"
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Zoom amount = 1.35
Pixel Ratio = 0.74

The top image is a full bluray 2.35:1 move with black borders that wont scale with a pre set its using the settings I gave you above the bottom is a 720p movie using the pre set "stretch 16.9"

okay, so they both stretched, thats what i figured, obviously in that frame you can see the woman looks a little skinny, but most frames you won't tell, really not as bad as you think and when its a choice of using my full screen or half the screen, full screen wins for me. but at any rate, you really lose a lot of the affect of the 3d at least for me when the image goes smaller. so this hopefully will fix most of the issues. then the only other issue I need to fix with xbmc is the rediculous 24p audio sync problems.
robl45 Wrote:okay, so they both stretched, thats what i figured, obviously in that frame you can see the woman looks a little skinny

You mean Hermione Granger Smile

I cant watch stuff out of aspect myself even a slight error and I can spot it a mile away I guess your not to sensitive to it anyway it solves your problem
i got it load and I think this should do the job, hard to tell when I'm looking at a square monitor but this should work perfect once I get to the 16:9 screen. only problem is it seems to be movie specific, is there anyway in xbmc to save a global custom setting? would be nice to be able to just flip to custom instead of having to set it everytime.
When you have set it as a custom scroll to the bottom of that menu and select "Set as default for all movies" that's the only thing you can do but that will set it for every movie but its easier to select the pre set on movies you don't want using it than to enter custom values each time

Maybe theres a way to save your custom setting so you can just select custom but for me this didn't work
unfortunately this won't work for me Sad problem is when adjusting pixel ratio, it throws the 3d sbs rip out of wack. whatever its doing is not making the two pictures equal anymore.

my guess is mpc-hc can do this correctly because its actually scaling it instead of trying to stretch it.

I guess I could reencode everything. but man oh man would that be a bear to do with limited hard drive space and actually wanting to be able to watch a movie that was downloaded that day.
robl45 Wrote:my guess is mpc-hc can do this correctly because its actually scaling it instead of trying to stretch it.
If you want to use MPC-HC as external player for XBMC, you can use my guide in this thread- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup. MPC-HC have a lot of options included in their "Options->Playback->Fullscreen" setting.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scale 1080P to 16:90