Keymap
hey
how can i use keyboard key combination like: alt+shift, ctrl+alt+delete
in the remote.xml keymap file ?
In Eden you can map alt-shift using for example:

<leftshift mod="shift,alt">notification(Keypress, alt-shift, 2)</leftshift>

I must admit that this is accidental as it never occurred to me someone would want to map alt-shift, but hey it works :-)

In Windows you can't map ctrl-alt-delete as Windows grabs that keypress before any app gets a chance. In Linux you can probably map it using:

<delete mod="ctrl,alt">notification (Keypress, ctrl-alt-del, 2)</delete>

You need to put these in your userdata keyboard.xml. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mod...yboard.xml for details.

JR
i tried to put this
<leftshift mod="shift,alt">notification(Keypress, alt-shift, 2)</leftshift>
in keyboard.xml file
and this
<green>leftshift</green>
in remote.xml file
but when i click the green button nothing happens
You need to supply a debug log so we can see what's going on.

Incidentally, if the "green button" means the Windows button, this sends Win-Alt-Enter and you can't override this in Windows, though you could in Linux.

Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Press the green button on your remote a few times, then close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
the green button means the color buttons in the remote, not the MCE button Smile
this is the log
12:31:32 T:14776128 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 3789356:000000037ff07ba3 00 Green mceusb (Green)
12:31:32 T:14776128 DEBUG: OnKey: 252 (fc) pressed, action is
Ah, I didn't realise you were using LIRC. I would ask in the Linux forum.

JR
10x

i didn't know that is different between win&linux in the file
The files are the same on both, but Windows doesn't use LIRC for remotes while Linux does.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap0