New User - Help Adding Movie & TV Show Files with Scraper Data
Hi All,

Apologies for the noobness, I searched everywhere about our issue. We've been trying for hours to get this to setup properly. Using a WindowsXP machine running XBMC Eden Beta.
I have begun by adding my 400+ MKV files to our setup. We have a WD Live drive on our wireless home network with folders 'Movies' and 'TVShows'. When I go to add this drive, it adds everything into one big collection of movies and tv shows together. It also won't download any of the scraper info to any of the movies besides the very first movie in our list. I've tried to select MovieDB many times but it never shows up with the scraper info. The only things that show up are a huge list of files with the file name I gave them (the movie title).

Do I need to put each MKV file into its own folder? That didn't seem to work when I tried it on a few test movies. Am I missing an important step here? The movies work fine and can play them when I select it, but I want the poster art and meta data to show up next to the movie before selection.

Please help! Thanks
after pointing xbmc to your media hard drives, you then need to right click the drive and scan to library, xbmc will not overwrite anything all ready in your movie folders, if the said items meet xbmc naming conventions
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
So here are two screenshots of the issues I have. The first is the 'Movies' tab under Videos, which shows only the first movie successfully downloaded the movie information. The second image shows my 'Files' tab with all of the remaining movies that haven't been updated with any of their information.

Anyone know where I need to go from here? Re-scanning, etc. doesn't seem to do anything differently.

The Bar on the top says its still scanning so maybe just wait?

Normally you just have to select the "Movie", press c/rightclick and click "Set Content" then select "Movie" and the scraper of your choice.

Same for the "TV" folder then it should scan everything and dl the data (can take some hours).

After that you only have to click update library after you added new files.
1. What speed is your wireless connection?, I gave up on wireless and ran my 3 computer home network over a wired 1GB connection.

2. How do you share media to XBMC, I am running windows 7 on all machines and using simple windows SMB shares for my 3 hard drives of media to XBMC.

3. Not sure about having all 400 movies in one folder but I guess it would work, personally I would get Ember Media Manager which will separate your files into individual folders and then scrape all movies for poster, fanart, tbn, info, extrathumbs, actorthumb and trailer automatically and then you can go back easily and rescrape certain movies if you dont like the particular size or issue of an fanart or poster, info's can be edited as well.

4. By having XBMC scrape all 400 movies automatically perhaps it is getting hung up on a bad fanart or poster for one particular movie which is holding up the rest.

hope something helps
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Thanks a lot tcman for your suggestions. I thought I could just rely on the movieDB scraper to do all the hard work for me and collect all the information I wanted. I'll try out Ember. I guess I need to read up more on proper XBMC file organization - wasn't aware of the separate folders thing.
Currently XBMC does scrape properly for movies I have contained within the harddrive on the computer, but I use a WesternDigital Live 3TB NAS drive connected to my wireless router that I transfer all my movies to. Its the movies on this WD Live drive that don't scrape properly.
I'll try out Ember and let you guys know if that resolves my issues. Thanks!
There is a known bug in the Eden Beta with the tmdb scraper in that you need to install the youtube add-on to get it to work. Don't know if this is the same issue, but it's worth checking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New User - Help Adding Movie & TV Show Files with Scraper Data0