slow "reboot" of ATV2 when holding down "menu"?
Before I upgraded to iOS 5.0.1 (and Eden Beta, at the same time), running all manner of previous nightlies, I was able to hold down the "back/menu" button on my remote at the home XBMC screen, and "reboot" back to the ATV2 main menu (FrontRow). It always happened fairly quickly--almost the instant I let go of the remote button, XBMC would exit.

Now, I try the same thing, let go of the remote button, and there seems to be quite a delay before "reboot"--up to 10 seconds or so. In fact, sometimes it seems like I have to do it twice, before it'll finally "reboot".

It's not a huge big deal or anything--just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing, before I start posting logs and making a fuss over it Wink
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I've notice the exact same issue and it was never like this. Sometimes it takes longer than 10 seconds and I may even have to reboot more than twice.
Same here. Anyone looking into it?
It seems like it is crashing on first attempt sometimes. And I have to wait for a really long time before it tries again. Eventually it will boot up.

Edit: I think maybe it is fixed in Beta 2. Can I be right? So far it seems so good Smile
looking into what since you didn't post xbmc.logs?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This has been fixed in a recent commit, a couple days ago I believe. not sure if it made it into beta 2 or not though.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
slow "reboot" of ATV2 when holding down "menu"?0