[TVHeadEnd] Instant recording - how to stop ?
Question 
Hi,

tested instant recording, pressed record - it startet up .. but how to stop Confused ?

I tried pressing "record" again - and TVHeadEnd crashes, PVR Addon disabled ...

I'm using XBMC PVR Build 4.Jan with TVHeadend from the package (2.12.99~...)

btw. - there are daily builds (https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+a...xbmc-pvr)- but apt-get update/upgrade doesn't offer new builds ?!

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
LastCoder Wrote:Hi,

tested instant recording, pressed record - it startet up .. but how to stop Confused ?

Delete the appropriate timer.

_BJ1
Sad

same result .. get an "Server Error"-notification, PVR Addon crashes, XBMC too ...

that's what I found in xbmc.log:

"22:34:14 T:3017029392 ERROR: PVRClient - UpdateTimer - addon 'HTS Tvheadend:127.0.0.1:9982' returns bad error (-3) from UpdateTimer()
22:34:14 T:2775292784 ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: ReadMessage - not connected
22:34:15 T:2793319280 ERROR: Previous line repeats 37549 times."

... last two events repeat ..

nothing else that points to something like record, timer ...

So long

LAstCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
you're using outdated builds. you can find the new ones in the link in my sig.
you'll have to install the tvheadend package too, which will remove the hts-tvheadend package if it's still installed on your system.

instant timers can be stopped be removing the timer from the timer list, or by pressing the record button again on the channel that's being recorded.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hi dushmaniac,

I'm already using the builds from your repository including the tvheadend one !

I installed XBMC (with the install-xbmc.sh) and TVHeadend 4. Jan 2012 (tvheadend later last week) manually after removing the hts-tvheadend installed from the lonelycoder repository (including the source of this repository in the packagelist).

.. your ppa contains daily builds ?

They are not updated by apt-get update/upgrade, aren't they ?

Do I have to reinstall them every build Shocked I'm happy that the stuff works more or less ... Confused

So long

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
they are updated just like any other apt source.

the builds are not daily, but only updated when I choose to update them. the last build is based on Eden beta1 and the next build will be uploaded once beta2 is out.

as for the error, please pastebin the full log.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Lightbulb 
Hi dushmaniac,

problem solved - it wasn't a XBMC bug .. I tried to start recording from the web interface of tvheadend and got the same results / behaviour .. tvheadend crashed, deletion of timers not possible, restarting of tvheadend provokes again crahes till the timer stops with "time missed" .. checking the dvr configuration I found that the recording path was set to "/home/hts" by default .. but hts path structure is /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/dvr/" .. set the right path and everything works fine.

So I found two little bugs -

1) false default path setting in tvheadend dvr
2) missing error exception catching - tvheadend should recognize that it is not able to create files and should stop trying to do that

Greetz

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
one small issue - after I successfully stopped recording I discovered that the "home screen" stills shows the record event ..

So long

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
LastCoder Wrote:Hi dushmaniac,

problem solved - it wasn't a XBMC bug .. I tried to start recording from the web interface of tvheadend and got the same results / behaviour .. tvheadend crashed, deletion of timers not possible, restarting of tvheadend provokes again crahes till the timer stops with "time missed" .. checking the dvr configuration I found that the recording path was set to "/home/hts" by default .. but hts path structure is /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/dvr/" .. set the right path and everything works fine.

So I found two little bugs -

1) false default path setting in tvheadend dvr
2) missing error exception catching - tvheadend should recognize that it is not able to create files and should stop trying to do that

Greetz

LastCoder

1) The recording path is not _per se_ wrong. If you don't change the default-user tvheadend is started with, it should of course be able to record in hts' home-directory The recoring path can be any path with is mounted as "writeable", i. e. I mounted an nfs-share on my nas as recording path.

2) Is a tvheadend-issue and should be addressed to lonelycoder.
snipah Wrote:1) The recording path is not _per se_ wrong. If you don't change the default-user tvheadend is started with, it should of course be able to record in hts' home-directory The recoring path can be any path with is mounted as "writeable", i. e. I mounted an nfs-share on my nas as recording path.

Principally you're right .. but this is not about theoretical but practical issues - it was an fresh install, I didn't change anything and it didn't work - facts ! .. maybe an fault while adding a new user by tvheadend installer or some incompatibilty with Xubuntu, don't know ...

snipah Wrote:2) Is a tvheadend-issue and should be addressed to lonelycoder.

Sure, but a) I know that TVHeadend developers are active members of the xbmc community b) there is some teamwork between dushmaniac and lonelycoder and c) other XBMC users are pleased to see solving issues they might have even if they are raised by other software ..

So long

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
1) when installed with default options, tvheadend stores recordings in /var/lib/recordings

2) I see you know more than I do Smile bugs like this should really be reported on andoma's github page, not here.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

ok ... but at least this is an XBMC issue -

- after I successfully stopped recording I discovered that the "home screen" stills shows the record event ..

Greetz

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
please create a ticket for this on github then. info can be found in my sig.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TVHeadEnd] Instant recording - how to stop ?0