Website
Source Code
How to install
VIDEO about how it looks

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/01/what-...like-this/
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/01/ubunt...ed-at-ces/

From Here:
Quote:What about MythTV and XBMC?
Myth TV and XBMC are popular open-source TV projects, particularly in the Ubuntu community. We’re very pleased to collaborate with members of both communities, enhancing the quality of back-end code that is shared between projects.

Our focus is to bring a Unity front end to the TV, suitably adapted to the entertainment, lean-back experience of the living room, but there are plenty of areas where our needs intersect perfectly with those of other communities.

Any improvements or changes we make to either project are contributed back. And we welcome contributions from both communities.

I put more information to first post.
i dont like the color scheme is this changeable?
If ported to XBMC everything possible Smile
hate the colours, lol!
not a fan of the layout at all :\ looks plain and boring

the actual news is interesting, but skinning wise, imo it's lacking a lot
But it looks good concept if you ask for me. Very simple to use and everything on the main screen. You don't need to go anywhere from main screen actually.

Don't laugh but I like it Smile Sort of Xeebo like

Left menu is just with icons. Universal search.

Don't know about skin code but is it possible just do it with Home.xml all these things? without changing main window? (I hope not an ignorant question.)

PS: Every day my eyes get worse and I prefer bigger fonts and simple skins Smile
queeup Wrote:Hello,

Maybe one skinner interested to make it this Smile
Website

Interesting. Is this based off of XBMC? I ask because there is mention of XBMC’s media scanner in the "Install Ubuntu TV" documentation. I like the simple layout of this also.

Shane
Regarding my above query, it appears to use code from Myth TV, XBMC and their Unity architecture. (queeup, I just noticed you made mention of this in your additions in your first post.)

Shane
The OSD with full screen video is really nice! Would give this a go if it was made.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
defenitly a fan of ubuntu tv skin (looks just superb) but in xbmc are much more features so the skin hase to be changed a little bit and the futures have to be added, a combination of metro ui and ubuntu tv would be great

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Ubuntu TV Skin0