[Guide] Open-source Unicode typefaces/fonts
(2012-10-12, 17:31)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 13:23)Robotica Wrote: it would be great if fonts could be installed by addons. Then all those sources could be linked against and users can more easily decide what font to use.
Wouldn't really work though.

Care to eloborate? In my view those fonts can be downloaded, installed in the right place and XML-files could be changed (and saved) accordingly.

I understand there can be some problems related to fit the fonts (style and size) into the design.
i use some fonts from this place looks like all fonts are open source
http://www.fontsquirrel.com/

there's is allot cool fonts with all styles
you should check it

cheers
(2012-10-12, 17:41)Robotica Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 17:31)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 13:23)Robotica Wrote: it would be great if fonts could be installed by addons. Then all those sources could be linked against and users can more easily decide what font to use.
Wouldn't really work though.

Care to eloborate? In my view those fonts can be downloaded, installed in the right place and XML-files could be changed (and saved) accordingly.
Font sizes aren't universal for starters.
(2012-10-12, 17:45)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 17:41)Robotica Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 17:31)Hitcher Wrote: Wouldn't really work though.

My edit and your post crossed. But that's a problem anyway. Either a skinner has to solve that or the Font addon. To me as a user, the solution is the same.
(2012-10-12, 17:53)Robotica Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 17:45)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 17:41)Robotica Wrote: Care to eloborate? In my view those fonts can be downloaded, installed in the right place and XML-files could be changed (and saved) accordingly.

My edit and your post crossed. But that's a problem anyway. Either a skinner has to solve that or the Font addon. To me as a user, the solution is the same.

Every skinner makes conscious decisions regarding fonts, using varying styles and weights to achieve their vision. Every font has different attributes that influence the structure of the code, therefore just swapping out fonts rarely has desirable results. A font addon would be useless, if you want to experiment just replace a skins fonts with fonts of your choice.
Hello all
XRumer 7.0.12 become too old now
This version of program not effective at the moment :(

Where I can download latest, actual version of XRumer?
Thank you!

P.S By the way, price of the XRumer after 5.01.2013 will grow up to $650...
Therefore, if anybody want to resell this, write me on PM or Skype Mr.MarcusLig56
google hosts a decent collection of font files as well:
http://www.google.com/fonts
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Google also got a font list for other scripts.

I ask that skins developer would consider adding fonts that support other scripts than Latin.
My interest is with Hebrew and I can confirm that the Open Sans Hebrew looks great and for example fit perfect to the Bello.

http://www.google.com/fonts/earlyaccess

Also Roboto Regular from uNiversal's thread is perfect for Hebrew (the others doesn't seem to include Hebrew script).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150067
(2012-01-10, 00:52)Hitcher Wrote: Keep them coming, and can we get this stickied?

+1
(2013-08-31, 08:12)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2012-01-10, 00:52)Hitcher Wrote: Keep them coming, and can we get this stickied?

+1

it's not possible to stick everything,
so we use 1 sticky to link to all interesting posts:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159476
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Im having a problem finding a unicode ttf with (good looking) Chinese (T & S), Japanese, Korean, and Latin fonts.

Some how, while testing out the above fonts and applying to my font.xml in Transparency (to which I added a new chinese and english font set) i found that none of them have chinese support...however i accidentally saved the xml file with the fontset linking to a font I deleted from the computer (but did still have it installed in windows) and now the fonts that didn't display chinese now do

I don't know if this is because I have the chinese language installed on my computer or not, it doesn't make any sense to me...but i thought I would post it, along with a pastebin of my font.xml file...maybe someone can explain what happened. Altho its working now so its not really a problem...i would just like to do this for the rest of my computers and I'm guessing finding the proper ttf file is still best.

ps. I do still have a chinese character ttf file saved in my font folder...maybe that is where it is reading it from...but the latin is deff Ubuntu...which i deleted.

http://pastebin.com/76D48bhN

also, some screenshots

xbmc will fallback to arial in case theres a problem with the skin supplied font.

please dont use the skin dev forum for end user support questions ;-)
Oh so its arial. good to know, for some reason I didn't know that arial could use chinese characters. good to know...too bad roboto or ubuntu fonts don't.
Aside from the previous Roboto variations I didn't see this one listed yet:

Roboto Slab

Apache license
So Google released the Noto font, which is supposed to support basically any language there is. It looks quite nice as an alternative to Arial for Unicode support, but problem with using it in Kodi is that it's a collection of font files per region / language, istead of having one big font file

More information / download

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Guide] Open-source Unicode typefaces/fonts1