Cheap Power Supply for HTPC
What are your thoughts on this CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 (CMPSU-430CXV2) 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply for a HTPC setup? It's currently on sale for $24.00 after MIR. In comparison the Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply is $59.99
as I understand it both are really good in terms of rail performance...

I think the antec used to hold the champion for me as they were made by seasonic(?)
but as no longer they are just as good as one another for a htpc I reckon, I would go antec though - known for quiet Smile
Love XBMC too check this -> HERE (Last Updated: 25/01/2012)

check out the xbmcmediacentre.com competition!

My hate campaign on optical discs started young, sorry I can't help it. :rolleyes:
i'd stick to ANTEC NEO ECO's or SEASONIC
eskro Wrote:i'd stick to ANTEC NEO ECO's or SEASONIC

Even considering the price disparity?
yes!
eskro Wrote:yes!

+1!
there's a reason it's cheap remember! Don't skimp on Power Supply it's the glue of your computer Wink

My hate campaign on optical discs started young, sorry I can't help it. :rolleyes:
It's cheap because of the MIR that a portion of people don't complete. If it were an issue where the Antec was better at the same price then the Corsair might have the edge being 60% cheaper for through the one-day sale on NewEgg.

That's where I'm looking for assistance on. Basically to tell how much of a difference the Antec really makes, and does it justify a $36 difference. The goal obviously is to build an effective HTPC for cheap.
ultimately then it may be easier to detail your entire build to determine correct power/A draws etc and then a decision can be made easier Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheap Power Supply for HTPC0