Release MQTT Adapter - Now forked (2022)
Hello everyone.

I currently have an RPi with LibreElec installed, so a bit limited on which packages I can use. For that reason, I stumbled upon this add-on, as a way to make that machine work with a MQTT server I have in another server in my internal network. Still then, as far as I understand, topics sent to MQTT server are Kodi-related.

As I have a temperature sensor physically connected to this RPi, I would be interested in being able to publish the temperature periodically to my MQTT server for its own topic (not Kodi-related).

Has anyone been able to do this or can have a clue if this is somehow possible to achieve with this add-on?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
Thanks for your work ! A very good addition, but it seems to me that it lacks a small detail - the output of data from mqtt on a page in kodi
Great addon.
I have created a nod-red dashboard and kan now play streams directly to all of my kodi players on my network.
It can be used as a narrowcasting system for diffrent streams at a special moment.
Volume control is desirable.
Hello all

Guys, I see that the main sources repository is not supported for a long time but there were several forks adding new features
I also want to add some improvements and create pull requests
Maybe somebody of you can adopt this project and release a new version?
(2019-10-31, 12:32)eschava Wrote: Hello all

Guys, I see that the main sources repository is not supported for a long time but there were several forks adding new features
I also want to add some improvements and create pull requests
Maybe somebody of you can adopt this project and release a new version?
Does anyone know how to add a menu/button to the kodi UI, that will then send a mtqq command? I'd like to have a button for turning the lights on directly from within kodi?
is the a way to get the amount of time Kodi has been Idle for?
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
Will there be an update to use this wonderful addon for Kodi v19?
(2021-10-14, 07:05)quintz Wrote: Will there be an update to use this wonderful addon for Kodi v19?

I have been using this fork with CoreELEC for a couple of weeks and it's been solid for me: https://github.com/void-spark/kodi2mqtt

To install it I ran these commands on my Mac:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/void-spark/kodi2mqtt
cd kodi2mqtt
zip -r /tmp/mqtt.zip plugin.service.mqtt

Then used "install from zip file" to install the add-on.

I think there's a simpler way to install add-ons directly from github.  Haven't tried it myself.

Since @owagner hasn't visited this forum or pushed commits since ~2016, maybe the mods could update the thread to point to the forked repo?
(2022-10-17, 23:39)whatmeworry Wrote: maybe the mods could update the thread to point to the forked repo?

Done.
(2017-05-23, 12:58)pplucky Wrote: Hello everyone.

I currently have an RPi with LibreElec installed, so a bit limited on which packages I can use. For that reason, I stumbled upon this add-on, as a way to make that machine work with a MQTT server I have in another server in my internal network. Still then, as far as I understand, topics sent to MQTT server are Kodi-related.

As I have a temperature sensor physically connected to this RPi, I would be interested in being able to publish the temperature periodically to my MQTT server for its own topic (not Kodi-related).

Has anyone been able to do this or can have a clue if this is somehow possible to achieve with this add-on?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
also interested.
Same as you stumbled upon this nice MQTT Kodi addon because I could not add the MQTT libraries myself to Kodi.
I'm interested in the Rpi's system variables (CPU temperature, Memory, CPU load) to send with MQTT to my broker (and Home Assistant).

As these are also available in Kodi (using Libreelec) maybe it would be possible to publish these also with this addon ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQTT Adapter - Now forked (2022)0