• 11(current)
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.0
(2013-01-03, 00:52)sufreak Wrote: One bug/issue I found. Its with OpenElec, which is running 24/7. (XBMC I would launch to watch)

Whenever the library update runs if there is an issue downloading data from TVDB, the system pops up the dialog box about server not found, and asks to continue or not. Usually this occurs if a library update occurs during one of my downloads.

If I'm not there to acknowledge the message, the system can freeze up. (Maybe next time the Library Updater runs, not 100% sure.) The consistent factor that the Library update attempts to run and that message is on the screen.

The dialog about the server issue when scraping is not unique to OpenELEC, it happens to most people from time to time. If you are having it happen often enough to be annoying you can disable the dialog box using an advanced settings entry:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...scanner.3E

Wow. This would have saved me so much headache. You rock, thank you!
Is this addon useful for Frodo? Frodo has auto update on startup.
I didnt undestand what It does...
Can someone explain to me please?
Thanks
(2013-01-07, 21:35)fernandovg Wrote: Is this addon useful for Frodo? Frodo has auto update on startup.
I didnt undestand what It does...
Can someone explain to me please?
Thanks

The "update on startup" feature built into xbmc does exactly what it says, scans your video/music library when you start xbmc. After that you need to manually refresh your library via the context menu, or restart the xbmc application to trigger another library update.

This addon caters to people who almost always have their xbmc box running, and want library updates to happen automatically throughout the day. You can select a time interval, or input a cron statement to have the library scanners run at those times as long as xbmc is running. Additionally you can schedule library cleaning schedules.

For more info check the first post on this thread.
(2012-11-08, 04:41)robweber Wrote:
(2012-11-08, 03:58)Ghostdivision Wrote: Is it possible to disable video and music update, but just enable clean once daily. Im not sure if cleaning is running with those disabled...?

I had to look at the code again to figure this one out - the short answer is 'no'. The way the settings are configured cleaning is either on or off. When it is one it will clean any databases that you have configured for auto update. I guess with the way the settings are laid out for the user this makes sense. If you only check cleaning do you want to clean video, music, both? Right now the addon is assuming if you are scanning video then you must only want to clean video and vice versa for music.

I thought about this for a while and what you are saying does make some sense. You may want to control the library updates yourself, but still auto clean on a schedule. What might make more sense in the Cleaning settings is to have a selector for video,music, or both and let this be run independently of if you want to schedule updates or not.

Would this fit your use case? I'm going to add an 'issue' for this on github and can have it implemented for the next release.

I just wanted to check in and see about the status of this possibly being added to the next release if possible?

(2013-01-09, 14:01)Ghostdivision Wrote: I just wanted to check in and see about the status of this possibly being added to the next release if possible?

This should be in the current version. According to the changelog this was added in version 0.6.5. What you should see is under the "Cleaning" tab is a select box for "library to clean". Here you can select video, music, or both along with a schedule. The cleaning schedule will run independently of the scanner schedule and if you check "both" but are not using the addon to update music it will still run the clean. Previously it only cleaned libraries you had enabled a library scan on.

Keep in mind if you choose "run clean after update" as the frequency - then you must use the scheduler on that library to run a scan or the clean will never run. Seems kind of obvious but thought I'd point out that one caveat.

Thanks, would it be possible to set a time for that? I see once per day, but I am not sure when it will run? It would be nice if i could specify a time if possible? Hope im not being a pain with these requests, otherwise it works great!
Hey,

I am using advanced timer and path verification before update and I get a lot of StorageServer related messages in the log but only when XBMC Library Auto Update service is enabled.

Code:
10:39:23 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Done'
10:39:26 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Idle for 3 seconds. Going to sleep. zzz           zzzzz '
10:39:33 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Waking up, slept for 10 seconds.'
10:39:33 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] '_sqlGet' : 'last_run - servicelibraryautoupdate           '
10:39:33 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] '_send' : 'Except error error(35, 'Resource temp           orarily unavailable')'
10:39:33 T:117981184  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 13 times.
10:39:33 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Done'
10:39:36 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Idle for 3 seconds. Going to sleep. zzz           zzzzz '
10:39:43 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Waking up, slept for 10 seconds.'
10:39:43 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] '_sqlGet' : 'last_run - servicelibraryautoupdate           '
10:39:43 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] '_send' : 'Except error error(35, 'Resource temp           orarily unavailable')'
10:39:43 T:117981184  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
10:39:43 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Done'
10:39:46 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Idle for 3 seconds. Going to sleep. zzz           zzzzz '
10:39:54 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Waking up, slept for 10 seconds.'
10:39:54 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] '_sqlGet' : 'last_run - servicelibraryautoupdate           '
10:39:54 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] '_send' : 'Except error error(35, 'Resource temp           orarily unavailable')'
10:39:54 T:117981184  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 9 times.
10:39:54 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Done'
10:39:57 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Idle for 3 seconds. Going to sleep. zzz           zzzzz '
10:40:04 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Waking up, slept for 10 seconds.'
10:40:04 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] '_sqlGet' : 'last_run - servicelibraryautoupdate           '
10:40:04 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] '_send' : 'Except error error(35, 'Resource temp           orarily unavailable')'
10:40:04 T:117981184  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 22 times.
10:40:04 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Done'
10:40:07 T:117981184  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.0] 'run' : 'Idle for 3 seconds. Going to sleep. zzz           zzzzz '

Any idea what is going on here? It looks to me its making XBMC even more unstable on my ATV2, so I really cant use the automatic update at the moment.

heres my settings

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="clean_libraries" value="true" />
    <setting id="clean_timer" value="2" />
    <setting id="cron_expression" value="0 12 * * *" />
    <setting id="custom_1_advanced_timer" value="false" />
    <setting id="custom_1_cron_expression" value="0 * * * *" />
    <setting id="custom_1_scan_path" value="" />
    <setting id="custom_1_timer" value="2" />
    <setting id="custom_2_advanced_timer" value="false" />
    <setting id="custom_2_cron_expression" value="0 * * * *" />
    <setting id="custom_2_scan_path" value="" />
    <setting id="custom_2_timer" value="2" />
    <setting id="custom_3_advanced_timer" value="false" />
    <setting id="custom_3_cron_expression" value="0 * * * *" />
    <setting id="custom_3_scan_path" value="" />
    <setting id="custom_3_timer" value="2" />
    <setting id="help_button" value="" />
    <setting id="library_to_clean" value="1" />
    <setting id="music_advanced_timer" value="false" />
    <setting id="music_cron_expression" value="0 * * * *" />
    <setting id="music_timer" value="2" />
    <setting id="notify_next_run" value="false" />
    <setting id="run_during_playback" value="false" />
    <setting id="startup_delay" value="2" />
    <setting id="timer_amount" value="3" />
    <setting id="update_music" value="false" />
    <setting id="update_video" value="true" />
    <setting id="use_advanced_timer" value="true" />
    <setting id="use_custom_1_path" value="false" />
    <setting id="use_custom_2_path" value="false" />
    <setting id="use_custom_3_path" value="false" />
    <setting id="user_confirm_clean" value="false" />
    <setting id="verify_paths" value="true" />
    <setting id="video_advanced_timer" value="true" />
    <setting id="video_cron_expression" value="0 10 * * *" />
    <setting id="video_timer" value="4" />
</settings>

Has anyone else noticed a problem like this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1293761

There's two of us in that thread having an Auto Update-related issue under Windows. About every 5-10 seconds the CPU usage spikes considerably (to nearly 100% of a core), then quickly falls back to normal levels. The cycle continues indefinitely while XBMC is running. In my case, it's occurring on Windows 8 with Frodo RC3. Disabling (uninstalling is not necessary) Auto Update resolves the issue.

Is there anything Auto Update checks on this interval? I can pull a log tonight if you think that would help.
(2013-01-11, 07:56)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks, would it be possible to set a time for that? I see once per day, but I am not sure when it will run? It would be nice if i could specify a time if possible? Hope im not being a pain with these requests, otherwise it works great!

Those times are hardcoded at the moment. In the README it specifies that video is 12am and music is 2am. This was done to keep the settings simple since "most" people just want to clean to happen at some out of the way time during the day. If you could add an issue on Github regarding the request for more customizable timers I'd be happy to look into it. Most likely this will leave the current settings as-is and just allow for an advanced cron scheduler for the clean operations.

(2013-01-11, 10:46)odt_x Wrote: Hey,

I am using advanced timer and path verification before update and I get a lot of StorageServer related messages in the log but only when XBMC Library Auto Update service is enabled.

The storage server sure is a verbose addon isn't it? Starting with Frodo the Library Updater uses the common plugin cache as a dependency to store information about the last run update times. If you don't have any other addons that have used the storage server before you've probably never noticed these messages. I'm not sure what the error message is, but if your updates are running as scheduled it must not be critical. It shouldn't be making your device unstable as it is just a storage service, although the abundance of logging seems excessive; never noticed that on my system before.
(2013-01-11, 17:13)gizmotoy Wrote: Has anyone else noticed a problem like this:

There's two of us in that thread having an Auto Update-related issue under Windows. About every 5-10 seconds the CPU usage spikes considerably (to nearly 100% of a core), then quickly falls back to normal levels. The cycle continues indefinitely while XBMC is running. In my case, it's occurring on Windows 8 with Frodo RC3. Disabling (uninstalling is not necessary) Auto Update resolves the issue.

Is there anything Auto Update checks on this interval? I can pull a log tonight if you think that would help.

I remembered I already made a log for the problem I mentioned above! I've linked it here, but I'm not sure if it will help.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27254
(2013-01-11, 19:20)gizmotoy Wrote:
(2013-01-11, 17:13)gizmotoy Wrote: Has anyone else noticed a problem like this:

I remembered I already made a log for the problem I mentioned above! I've linked it here, but I'm not sure if it will help.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27254

Thanks for pointing this out. Check your original thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1293761) I've posted a more comprehensive response there.
Is this script working with Frodo? It doesn't seem to do anything for me.
(2013-01-11, 17:18)robweber Wrote:
(2013-01-11, 07:56)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks, would it be possible to set a time for that? I see once per day, but I am not sure when it will run? It would be nice if i could specify a time if possible? Hope im not being a pain with these requests, otherwise it works great!

Those times are hardcoded at the moment. In the README it specifies that video is 12am and music is 2am. This was done to keep the settings simple since "most" people just want to clean to happen at some out of the way time during the day. If you could add an issue on Github regarding the request for more customizable timers I'd be happy to look into it. Most likely this will leave the current settings as-is and just allow for an advanced cron scheduler for the clean operations.

My scenario is my pc goes to sleep often, likely it will be asleep at those times the cleaning would occur.

If i could set a time to clean the database i have my computer reboot every day at 8 30 am, i would then run the clean function at 8 35 am, that would guarantee its awake when i clean.

I also wanted to ask about this in my log, not sur why its showing up

8:30:21 T:4008 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('result',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py", line 657, in onDatabaseUpdated
self.update_listitems(database)
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py", line 561, in _update
self._fetch_movies('RecommendedMovie')
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py", line 157, in _fetch_movies
if json_query['result'].has_key('movies'):
KeyError: ('result',)
-->End of Python script error report<--
08:30:22 T:4004 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('result',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\default.py", line 6, in <module>
AutoUpdater().runProgram()
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 69, in runProgram
self.evalSchedules()
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 113, in evalSchedules
self.cleanLibrary(cronJob)
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 304, in cleanLibrary
for source in response['result']['sources']:
KeyError: ('result',)
-->End of Python script error report<--
08:30:26 T:2404 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.scheduler\default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
08:30:26 T:2404 NOTICE: stop python
08:30:26 T:4008 WARNING
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.00