• 18(current)
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.0
The xbmcgui module is supposed to be included as part of the built in xbmc python modules. If this is missing you probably have some bigger issues going on. Can you post a debug log? Do you get errors from the service? The manual.py file will only run if trying to run the program manually. The service should start automatically with xbmc.
I can not understand what happened. The script has always worked. From one day to another it stopped working. Now I solved it by creating a script with crontab from command line (I use XBMCbuntu).

curl --data-binary '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Scan", "id": "mybash"}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://user:password@localhost:****/jsonrpc

if you run this you can update video library
and with this you can clean video library

curl --data-binary '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Clean", "id": "mybash"}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://user:password@localhost:****/jsonrpc
As long as its working to your satisfaction. I'm surprised that if the updater addon can't find the xbmcgui module you aren't having problems with other addons not functioning as well.
hello to all, sorry for my bad english ... I recently found a bug in xbmc addon automate update library version 0.8.0, I'm using the xbmc frodo 12.2 skin aeon nox 4.0.9 as well, the following is happening: when I install the XBMC Library Updater, I restart the xbmc and go watch a movie, my xbmc does not show the information of the movie with the actors the rest of the information, it just runs straight film, even when set to "show information", I discovered that the culprit was the addon after doing many tests until you isolate the problem ,

NOTE: My addon is configured to update every 24 hours, and also clean up the library so finished updating.

I hope to have contributed to this useful addon!
(2013-10-15, 19:12)emanu2000 Wrote: hello to all, sorry for my bad english ... I recently found a bug in xbmc addon automate update library version 0.8.0, I'm using the xbmc frodo 12.2 skin aeon nox 4.0.9 as well, the following is happening: when I install the XBMC Library Updater, I restart the xbmc and go watch a movie, my xbmc does not show the information of the movie with the actors the rest of the information, it just runs straight film, even when set to "show information", I discovered that the culprit was the addon after doing many tests until you isolate the problem ,

NOTE: My addon is configured to update every 24 hours, and also clean up the library so finished updating.

I hope to have contributed to this useful addon!

Can I see a debug log of the addon running and this happening please? This addon does not interface with the skin, and the only interaction it has with the player is checking if something is running or not. Really weird behavior if it is influencing something that should really be a conditional statement within the skin. I'll do some testing on my own too. Thanks.

p.s. I'm not super familiar with Aeon Nox. How do i go about setting the skin to "show information" instead of playing the movie?
Robweber, I do not know the exact location of the log file that you want to see, you'd better do the practical test. The way to change the setting from "Play Movie" to "show info" on the skin Aeon nox is this: SYSTEM -> Videos -> file lists ---> Default select action ... Please share any discovery, thank you!
Thanks for telling me where that was. I see it is a system setting, not related to the skin. I've tried this on my system and with the library updater addon running, using 12.2 and the Aeon Nox skin. I have not noticed the same issue you have. With the settings set correctly I always get the movie information when clicking on the movie.

Can anyone else confirm or deny what emanu2000 has indicated? Thanks.
robweber, I'm running XBMC on raspberry PI, do not know if this has any influence here for me I'm still having the same problem, even stirring in other configurations, wiping the maximum of unnecessary addons, now I try to use the addon in a new installation running without any other addon installed, let the clean install to see if the problem persists.
robweber, made ​​a new discovery here, your addon works perfectly on a new installation, and even installing other addons it does not conflict, however my new discovery pointed to the following situation: I install your addon and it is working normal so I format the database of videos (MyVideos75.db) and (Textures13.db) again do a search for content, it "fills" again and after that, when I try to view the information about the films he shooting the film directly and without show the information of the film. even after uninstalling your addon and restarting XBMC, the problem continues to persist, to solve the problem, I have to reformat the files of DB, and again "fill" with contents without your addon installed, but give the function to show information films back to work
It definitely sounds like you have some issues going on with your system. I'd recommend gathering a debug log and submitting this to http://trac.xbmc.org and see what the main xbmc devs have to say about this. Since the "show information" screen is a core function of xbmc they may have better luck figuring out what is going on here. If they can track it back to my addon please tag me in the help ticket.

I'm having a hard time understanding how this addon could be causing any of your issues. All that it is doing is running the ScanLibrary() function to fill your database, the exact same way xbmc would do it when you scan manually. From your description it sounds like some kind of file corruption or bug in the system itself that is causing your problems.
Thanks for this addon. I love it.

I'm having a problem with it working in gotham though, is this due to an incompatibility or some problem on my system?

here is a pasite of my logs: http://pastie.org/8529478
Don't seem to be able to get this working at all. Running Frodo, add-on is installed and enabled. Set to update video and music library every 24 hours.

I added some new music into one of my artist folders, waited for a few days and it's not showing up in the library. Not sure where to start...
(2013-12-05, 00:54)wonslung Wrote: Thanks for this addon. I love it.

I'm having a problem with it working in gotham though, is this due to an incompatibility or some problem on my system?

here is a pasite of my logs: http://pastie.org/8529478

I think you have something else going on here. The log file shows the auto updater starting the scan, and even the scanner running. You have lots of error messages in the log about missing files for your addons and the scanner can't even seem to reach the internet to look up episode information. Looks like RSS isn't even loading. I'd say maybe your install can't reach the internet but it appears even more complicated than that with all the missing file messages.

(2013-12-05, 13:40)gooner_47 Wrote: Don't seem to be able to get this working at all. Running Frodo, add-on is installed and enabled. Set to update video and music library every 24 hours.

I added some new music into one of my artist folders, waited for a few days and it's not showing up in the library. Not sure where to start...

Debug log would be best. Set the update time to 2 hours (or less) and do one from startup through when it should run.
Here's the update log from when the service is kicking in. I can't see a mention of music library but it's definitely enabled in settings:

Interesting. Thanks for the log.

I tried some stuff on my own. I did two different tests. One was to schedule both video and music at different times. Saw both the video and music scan in the logs as well as the scanner information. Next test, schedule each to run at the same time. Again, as expected I saw the video library update and then music as soon as the scanner was done.

Not what you want to hear I'm sure. I just can't recreate this. It looks like this is a log from startup - were you expecting the library to update at startup? what is your timer setting for the music library?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.00