Sub-500 Nettop w/ 1080p capability + XBMC Usage?
Hey everyone. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a completed (not into doing my own builds) nettop that is capable of smooth 1080p playback (MKV) and light (maybe Alaska skin) XBMC usage?

I've been looking at the AspireRevo and the newer Revo, but have seen mixed reviews. Any firsthand knowledge/experience or ideas?

I already have a very capable HTPC in the living room (thanks poofyhairguy!), just looking for a secondary unit for the bedroom.

Thanks guys!
http://ow.ly/1uP51k
I have the asus 1015PN-PU17-BK. N550 Dual core ion2.

Plays 1080 compressed mkv without a problem. It also plays mythbox (which is a high framerate) without a problem. I installed windows 7 and removed the starter edition. I upgraded the memory to 2 gb.
This Intel 2.13GHz with AMD HD6450 is probably the best nettop for sub-$500 price tag!

Shop IdeaCentre Q180

The HD6450 is the best I see in a nettop case!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Bluray, have you used it or just pointing based on specs
vskatusa Wrote:Bluray, have you used it or just pointing based on specs
No, I haven't use it. I based on the CPU and GPU spec. This is the first nettop I found with AMD HD6450 in it. If you are familiar with AMD HD6450, it can playback all BD files in 1080P with DTS-HD/TrueHD. I own one AMD HD6450 GPU in one of my three HTPC. There is a user in here just bought the IdeaCentre Q180 over the holiday, and he is very happy with it. If you are looking for a nettop with descend CPU and GPU spec, I think that you will be happy with this little IdeaCentre Q180! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:This Intel 2.13GHz with AMD HD6450 is probably the best nettop for sub-$500 price tag!

Shop IdeaCentre Q180

The HD6450 is the best I see in a nettop case!

Thanks bluray! I hadn't come across the Lenovo nettops yet, they look really nice. I think I might pull the trigger on one! Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sub-500 Nettop w/ 1080p capability + XBMC Usage?0