• 9(current)
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand
(2012-03-13, 19:03)njtaylor Wrote: About right, the rtmpdump path should avoid spaces, I used c:\rtmpdump as the directory.

If anyone is maintaining this plugin then a quick fix to allow spaces in the rtmpdump path would be to change

Code:
args = [
    rtmpdump_path,

to

Code:
args = [
    '"%s"' % rtmpdump_path,

in the CreateRTMPDUMPCmd method.

(Same fix for Demand5)
anyone else getting a script error the first time they launch a stream?

it always seems to stream fine the 2nd time i click on a stream. strange.
Script Error using EDEN final also nibors demand 5 gives script error too

After upgrade to EDEN final

Both worked fine with Eden rc2
I now get script error with 4OD - 5 Demand still working.

See my post in the Demand 5 thread

You do the same action in py file for both 4od and demand 5
Nope - editing that line just results in 4OD not working at all.

Well it worked for me ! lol
I've no problem with 5od or itvplayer - so there's something changed for 4OD.

Your edit just throws up a script error immediately - don't even get any listings at all.
its not my edit look at page 12 on the demand 5 thread
Ooops - I needed to update to the Final.

However, it still doesn't work - some videos start 'working' but fail to play. Others just throw up a script error.

Has anyone got an actual fix for this?

Edit: fixed it - there's an additional folder - addon-data - in there are 4od cache files. These have to be deleted if there are any to get the plugin to work.
I was getting a script error before and after editing the default.py, here's how I got it working,
I installed the zip file in njtaylors post on page 12 of this thread, I then edited the default.py as outlined by alnicol in post 6 here:-
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126636
and 4od now seems to be working fine (albeit after only a few quick and random tests)
That's what I did BUT there were old cache files - these have to be deleted if they exist.
yes they do
I was getting this error intermittently trying to play content:
Quote:18:41:35 T:3388 NOTICE: ip = re.search( '<ip>(.*?)</ip>', uriData, re.DOTALL ).groups()[0]
18:41:35 T:3388 NOTICE: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'

It seemed to appear whenever playing content from 'll' rather than 'ak'. Anyway, it seems that the '<ip>' block is now optional, so I fixed up the code in the default.py script. Available here for anyone else with the issue (make sure you hit 'download' at the bottom rather than copy/pasting as some character seems messed up).
Oops ... seems my problem above this has already been fixed and I was using an old version:
http://code.google.com/p/nibor-xbmc-repo...etail?id=3
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand1