• 2(current)
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand
Hi guys,

I'm on Eden Beta2 and 4OD only plays for 1 minute before stopping. Any ideas? Demand 5 works a treat. I'm not bothered about downloading from it - only streaming.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, first post and it goes to this brilliant plugin Smile
Any chance to fetch the subtitle guys for 4od and Demand5?
Cheers...
micksmoo2 Wrote:Hi guys,

I'm on Eden Beta2 and 4OD only plays for 1 minute before stopping. Any ideas? Demand 5 works a treat. I'm not bothered about downloading from it - only streaming.

Thanks in advance.

Im also experiencing the same issue. Im on Beta2 OPENELEC and ATV2. Iplayer is fine so dosent appear to be a librtmp version issue.

Dox
Beta 2 on Win 7 - no problems.
Hello

I have Eden Beta 2 running on both Windows 7 and atv2 and 4oD stops after about 1 minute. iplayer channel 5 and ITVplayer all work AFAICT.
micksmoo2 Wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention that I'm on ATV2 and also iPlayer works a treat too.
With so many people reporting the 1 min then stopping error I thought I'd just try this and on my Win 7 64bit eden beta 2 setup it worked fine, maybe this is a problem specific to certain programs? If people getting this error report what program its on those of us who don't seem to have the problem can see if we can replicate it on that proggie.
stammie Wrote:With so many people reporting the 1 min then stopping error I thought I'd just try this and on my Win 7 64bit eden beta 2 setup it worked fine, maybe this is a problem specific to certain programs? If people getting this error report what program its on those of us who don't seem to have the problem can see if we can replicate it on that proggie.

I'm on Apple TV 2 iOS 5 running XBMC Eden Beta 2.

iPlayer and 5 On Demand both work perfectly.

Many thanks.
micksmoo2 Wrote:I'm on Apple TV 2 iOS 5 running XBMC Eden Beta 2.

iPlayer and 5 On Demand both work perfectly.

Many thanks.

Sorry I meant what program on 4od gives this error not the programs used to play it, my mistake.
Anything I've tried (and its only a random selection) has worked fine.
I tried 8 out of 10 cats - first episode on the list, first episode of Adam and Joe show and some short animations like The Bear. All of which give the same out come.

Thanks for your help.
I've just started out on XMBC Eden Beta 2 and iplayer, VODie and Demand 5 are looking good for me - but I can't get 4OD working. I just get the icon spin on "working" and then nothing. I've checked the log and it seems related to not being able to find rtmpdump.

From console, I can't find it on the system and I am not clear from the discussion if it should be part of the Eden release, included in the 4OD zip release - or needs to be installed seperately. I've tried going via Nibor's repository and also using the standalone 1.0.1 zip but the result is the same so far.

I see the instructions for adding rtmpdump via console but the apt-get install "build-essential" errors out on ATV2 and I think that is specific for ubuntu.

Can anyone guide me on what baseline / subsequent steps are needed to get it going?

Thanks in advance
1st episode in the list of 8 Out Of 10 Cats played fine for 10 minutes for me (I turned it off after that). Not much help I know but there's something strange going on if some people get this error and others don't.
people with issues: post a log, otherwise no one will know what the problem is, thus no idea how to find a solution.
Here's a log for just starting up and trying 4OD with a couple of tries on Channel 4 news.

http://pastebin.com/i1Wz7k4Y

Note that I'm in the U.S. using a smart DNS on the ATV 2 which is working fine for the other services as I said. I'm also able to access 4OD from the same subnet via a PC browser.
okanee Wrote:Here's a log for just starting up and trying 4OD with a couple of tries on Channel 4 news.

http://pastebin.com/i1Wz7k4Y

Note that I'm in the U.S. using a smart DNS on the ATV 2 which is working fine for the other services as I said. I'm also able to access 4OD from the same subnet via a PC browser.

rtmpdump from your log is using 4odplayer-11.8.5.swf which no longer exists,
ERROR: RTMP_HashSWF: swfurl http://www.channel4.com/static/programme...11.8.5.swf not found

From a 4OD web page, this is the current version -
var fourodPlayerFile = '4odplayer-11.21.2.swf';

I don't have XBMC, so these instructions may not be accurate, if someone having the problem would like to try this and confirm if this fixes the problem or not. Take a backup copy of the file .XBMC/addons/plugin.video.4od/default.py first, then change the lines in this file from 11.8.5 to the current 11.21.2 version on lines 164, 243, lines 231, 242 don't require changing as comments. If this doesn't work restore the backup copy.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand1