• 6(current)
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand
gravender Wrote:Any advice would be much appreciated! Neither this plugin nor the ITVPlayer or Demand 5 plugins are working for me (though iPlayer and CatchupTV work beautifully).

Running XBMC Eden 11.0-RC1 on Ubuntu Oneiric on Acer Revo R1600 (NVIDIA Ion with 295.20 drivers). RTMP is version 2.4.

My logfile is here:
http://pastebin.com/rGVSnv8Y

The issue seems to be a 'handshake failure', but I haven't a clue how to fix this! All help and advice gratefully received.
The handshake issue was fixed in later versions of rtmpdump v2.3 by downgrading on the handshake, then fixed properly in rtmpdump v2.4. That suggests you have an old version of rtmpdump or the rtmpdump library librtmp on your system. You could have flvstreamer - which is rtmpdump minus rtmpe, that will not work for any rtmpe stream.

Iplayer will work because it doesn't use the rtmpe handshark, it's a rtmp stream. The same is most likely true for catchuptv. I downloaded from 4od and Itvplayer using get_flash_videos / rtmpdump today, Channel 5 I download Friday / Saturday, all these used rtmpdump v2.4, and no download issues.

I use OpenBSD, and don't use ubuntu / XBMC so can't help with exact locations. linux libraries are in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib, the log show a /usr/lib/xbmc could be one in there - look around if you see more than one librtmp.so.0, that's your likely problem, one could be an old version.
jdbrookes Wrote:Thanks so much for this plugin!

Working great on eden beta 3 (openelec) but only if I change the line from 11.8.5 to 11.21.2, otherwise all video cuts out after 2 or so minutes. I've been watching Adam and Joe now for about half the afternoon so I know it's working fine.

Also delighted to find that 4od works over here in Ireland without having to mess with any proxies or VPNs or anything. Marvellous!

Hey how do I go about changing these lines and where? Thanks very much- having issues with cutting out after a min or so..
Quote:linux libraries are in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib, the log show a /usr/lib/xbmc could be one in there - look around if you see more than one librtmp.so.0, that's your likely problem, one could be an old version.

Thanks njtaylor! Problem solved - I replaced the old versions in /usr/lib/ and usr/local/lib/ with the new version of librtmp.so.0. Works perfectly! Now watching Vic Reeves Big Night Out... not as funny as I remember it but there you go! Smile

Thanks to everyone who has worked on this plugin and to njtaylor for fixing this issue.
how i fix on apple tv 2 please
I was having the same problems, followed these instructions though, and problem sorted, using ATV 2

I SSH'd into the ATV2 and took a copy of the file /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.4od/default.py

Made a copy of this on my pc for a backup, then edited the original file on my pc by opening it in notepad and doing a find replace for 11.8.5 to 11.21.2 then copied it back to the ATV2. Now videos are playing fine!
hmm having trouble with eden rc3/win7 and this plugin. I'm in the UK using BE broadband and the stream kept clapping out after a minute or so.

I edited all instanses of 11.8.5 to 11.21.2 but now I try to open a stream I just get 'script failed'

Any ideas? My 2 year old loves the Hoobs.
LOL - just uninstalled and resinstalled and still I get script error. Oh well. Broken for me.
debully Wrote:hmm having trouble with eden rc3/win7 and this plugin. I'm in the UK using BE broadband and the stream kept clapping out after a minute or so.

I edited all instanses of 11.8.5 to 11.21.2 but now I try to open a stream I just get 'script failed'

I just tried with get_flash_videos - failed, and then with a browser...

It appears 4od site has changed and now asks for a registration/sign
on for certain downloads - a lot more than just the odd specials before.

This requires an update to the 4od plugin. Will be looking into fixing get_flash_videos later today, 4od plugin changes I shall leave to the author.
I can't get 4od to work at all now.

Seems it is totally broken ....
not working for me as well
was fine yesterday
Broken for me too (win7), anything I try to watch gives a script error. Was fine yesterday.
Script errors for me too. But I've only just installed on ATV2 Eden RC2 and I can't get iplayer working either.
debully Wrote:hmm having trouble with eden rc3/win7 and this plugin. I'm in the UK using BE broadband and the stream kept clapping out after a minute or so.

Update - I now have get_flash_videos, working again, this works in a similar way to the plugin. The cause of one of the problem is ais.channel4.com no longer returns the ip address in the xml for the ll CDN, the ak CDN is unchanged, play/downloads that use ak.securestream.channel4.com will still work. When ll.securestream.channel4.com set of servers is picked it will fail to play/download.

Content that is over 30days old that normally can only be accessed by login to the site, can still be played/downloaded. Downloading the Hoobs, worked, using get_flash_videos.

Line 152 in default.py
Code:
auth = "e=%s&ip=%s&h=%s" % (e,ip,decodedToken)

Should become something like this....
Code:
if (ip == ""):
              auth = "e=%s&h=%s" % (e,decodedToken)
           else
              auth = "e=%s&ip=%s&h=%s" % (e,ip,decodedToken)

Retries using the plugin should work in the end, for playing / download, until the plugin is fixed. The script errors your encountering maybe caused by some other problems, pasting a link to a xbmc.log might help to see the extact error.
I'm starting to get confused about the plugin status!

Do we need to edit the py file as indicated above?

A stream played today but took ages to load.

The Search function causes my xbmc to lock up.
Thanks, Worked for me.

Previously, it would play for a few minutes and then would stop and go back to the main menu. Now is working flawlessly.

edwinchester Wrote:I was having the same problems, followed these instructions though, and problem sorted, using ATV 2

I SSH'd into the ATV2 and took a copy of the file /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.4od/default.py

Made a copy of this on my pc for a backup, then edited the original file on my pc by opening it in notepad and doing a find replace for 11.8.5 to 11.21.2 then copied it back to the ATV2. Now videos are playing fine!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand1